Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By wtbhotia
  • 2 Post By scrambler

vehicle transfer

vehicle transfer

I always used the following procedure to buy - basically small deposit -then meet at the TD with documents and cash to do the transfer there.. ( something about being liable for penalty )

now I am sellign - one buyer wants to put deposit down ( 50% ) then take the rego papers - then come back and pay the rest / take the vehicle after docs are in his name..

seems a bit dodgy to me - am I over cautious..

Whenever I've sold my old cars, the dealer gave me a check after he transferred the vehicle. Just make sure you have a contract and it shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited by mrgoodkat; 09-01-2016 at 03:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Whenever I've sold my old cars, the dealer gave me a check after he transferred the vehicle. Just make sure you have a contract and it shouldn't be a problem.
    Some dealers pay cheque, because they cancel them if they discover something they dont like about your car, then renegotiate later and really low ball you. They've got the car, and you have not been paid. Not a good position to be in.

As to Scramblers. Usual deal, pay deposit and then meet up at the TD, pay the balance in cashola, and everybody is happy. Also as has been explained it protects the buyer from any outstanding fines that may be in the system which will need to be paid before transfer of ownership can take place.

Personally I would only do it the tried and tested way, without deviation. The moment you do, it usually ends badly.

hmm very dodgy, If I was the buyer and wanted to play games, after transferring the vehicle to my own name, i could call the police on you and say i paid full payment in Cash and the car is already in my name and now the seller is not giving me the vehicle. Try defending that LOL

Stick to full payment, meet up at TD for transfer of name ownership after money has traded hands

imparanoic and Skyhook like this.

i just texted him said u know where i live give me all the cash and I give u the docs - it worked..

wtbhotia and justsomebody2 like this.