Like Tree12Likes

OK. 'Fess up...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Yes, it is possible IF you can pay HKD 85 million single handedly

Quote Originally Posted by Stu79:
    Even the Hong Kong government in all its bizarre "wisdom" usually has some sort of reason as to why they ban things.
    It may seem that way but the reality is they change things all the time with no rhyme or reason. We deal with government departments all the time and it's one of the most frustrating areas of our work.

There are various theories, probably the most believable is that it was done to prevent the market getting flooded by cheap poorly made Chinese cars. But whatever it is the simple fact is that private cars can only be registered as RHD. Any LHD you see on the roads will be dual registered cars from China, the odd diplomatic car or cars being moved on movement permits.
    wtbhotia likes this.

HK$85 Mil and it doesnt even have a roof, I can see people driving it holding an umbrella in HK LOL

the Roadster simply has no roof at all. Understandably, you will want to check the weather report before you leave the house in it.
    Cho-man and Claire ex-ax like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    HK$85 Mil and it doesnt even have a roof, I can see people driving it holding an umbrella in HK LOL
    Hehehe. Without a roof, one can almost say the car can't really be used for half a year in HK, during the rainy season. I don't think the owner will want his expensive toy getting all drenched.

Quote Originally Posted by Cho-man:
    Hehehe. Without a roof, one can almost say the car can't really be used for half a year in HK, during the rainy season. I don't think the owner will want his expensive toy getting all drenched.
    Hmm I think I have found a better solution if I had that car.

Name:  article-2311532-196295DB000005DC-277_634x468.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  30.3 KB
    Cho-man likes this.

Up until the "LHD" post by jaykay - was under the impression that the dealer is preparing for some of his clients getting mega-bonuses this season.

Guess not ... bad bad timing to be holding stock right now, unless it has been committed to a mainlander, but strange .. I'd have thought they had legit dealers up north.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:

Guess not ... bad bad timing to be holding stock right now, unless it has been committed to a mainlander, but strange .. I'd have thought they had legit dealers up north.
    Probably worried that they're fake dealers up north hence they come down here and parallel import
    shri likes this.

Plenty of rare LHD cars held in HK for investment purposes. These wont necessarily head up north.

shri likes this.