Like Tree6Likes

Selling moto in HK, how and what to do?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I'm due to leave in 2 months but my wife will stay for an extra month (and will need to use the car). The car is registered in my name. Can she keep using it and then accompany a buyer after I have left to transfer ownership?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnHK39:
    The new owner had two copies, one for him and one for me, I thought That needed something to prove I sold it incase speeding tickets or something before they register it?

I did notice that on the form it does state that I am still responsible for the motorcycle until they register in their name, WTF?

Sent from my iPhone using GeoClicks
    Until the new owner hands in the form to transport department technically ur still the owner.
    jaykay likes this.

That is just stupid, but I had to go into the TD anyways because they said my signature did not match WTF?!? Well, at least it is out of my name now.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    Until the new owner hands in the form to transport department technically ur still the owner.
    And responsible for any speeding tickets, traffic offenses and parking tickets until that changes.

Thanks for all of the advice guys!!

Sold the 2009 Buell XB12R for 36,000.00 ouch!!!

wtbhotia likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehiogu:
    I'm due to leave in 2 months but my wife will stay for an extra month (and will need to use the car). The car is registered in my name. Can she keep using it and then accompany a buyer after I have left to transfer ownership?
    Yes she can keep using it as long as the Insurance company is ok with it. just print out the transfer of ownership form (print two just incase) Fill in the section that is for you, sign (make sure the signature is the same as the one on the registratin form), dont date it, leave that for your wife to fill in. Once she has found a buyer, go to the TD and get the new owner to fill in their section and watch together that it is handed in and the new owner is regisgtered.
    Ehiogu likes this.