Like Tree99Likes

Tesla Model 3

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    The great thing about the future of flat floor electric drive-trains will be that vehicles ( hopefully ) will become so much more practical, lighter and not as energy consuming to manufacture.Body shapes attached to a common chassis/frame that can accept various application body parts that the home user can interchange as their needs change. A one vehicle fits all type of scenario. Now wouldnt that be just ace ?
    Hopefully the principle owner of a vehicle will has their standard prefered cab style but if they want to swap it for a roaster for a day or a van then it should be as simple as looking at an app for a free cb to use in your area.

Much like the Zip car in the US or car share in HK concept but just for alternative cabs.

Carshare.hk - 香港網上租車平台 | {{$root.seo.pageTitle}}

Business model innovation will be just just as important as battery technology and product software integration.

Tesla is the new FoMoCo: it's making history, doubters be damned.

Forbes Welcome

Skyhook likes this.

Economics is a strange beast .... with cars and a certain demographic moving to electric, I can see a subsidy on clean petrol powered cars in 10+ years time.

Saw this in a newsletter I subscribe to.

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own interest,” wrote Adam Smith, but it can’t hurt to ask:

“We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages,” continued Smith, about the butchers and so forth, but perhaps with tire and windshield and suspension manufacturers talking of one’s own necessities goes over better?

I think if I ran an auto-parts supplier I would not be all that keen on helping a $50 billion company run by an eccentric billionaire become profitable. Like, right now the situation is that the suppliers are profitable (I hope!) but not $50 billion companies run by billionaires, and Tesla is unprofitable but a $50 billion company. Who really deserves whose charity?

If the suppliers sacrifice their profitability and give it to Tesla, I do not see Tesla sacrificing its market cap and giving it to the suppliers.

I think if I ran an auto-parts supplier I would ask, what is the money for? More subs that get submerged in swimming pools? Or another Tesla that gets send into orbit? That dude lacks focus.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/6/16...elon-musk-mars

Original Post Deleted
    Agree with your observations. However, I'm a bit disappointed that you didn't mention how much better a Japanese company would have dealt with the situation.

Original Post Deleted
    I think, Matsushita Electric, Chrysler Daimler and Toyota Motor Corporation, logically, will just increase their present interests in Tesla, should the opportunity present itself. I wouldn't count on FoMoCo or General Motors.

I would think one of the 3 A's (Apple, Alphabet or Alibaba) would be in a better position to turn things around for Tesla.

That will free Musk to focus on the only thing he is good at, rockets.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast