Like Tree99Likes

Tesla Model 3

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Tesla Model 3

The Model 3 will be revealed tomorrow at 11:30AM but you can preorder it for $10,000 at the Tesla store in TML tower and the pulse when they open tomorrow or on the Tesla website. From what I've heard, there were over a 100 people at the Tsuen Wan store today.

Nothing about the Model 3 is known other than its name, so the unveiling tomorrow is the first time anyone has seen it.

More info here: https://www.teslamotors.com/en_HK/bl...erving-model-3

Apparently, tomorrow is only "Part 1" of the unveiling of the Model 3, and "Part 2", which is where things get interesting, will be unveiled close to the Model 3's production date next year.

Most likely we're going to be seeing something that closely resembles the final form of the Model 3 tomorrow, but just like the Model S and X, they're going to be adding things to the car up until the date of production.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/715307847890903041

shri likes this.

Apparently it has a bigger screen.

I havent even seen the 2nd model X (with the cool falcon wings) on the streets yet. When is that supposed to be out in Hong Kong? So I guess this model 3 is still a long way from actually being available.

Quote Originally Posted by bdw:
    I havent even seen the 2nd model X (with the cool falcon wings) on the streets yet. When is that supposed to be out in Hong Kong? So I guess this model 3 is still a long way from actually being available.
    Model X's are being delivered, but there's a long queue - California/West Coast first, then the rest of the US, then Europe, then APAC and other right hand drive countries.

The Model 3 will begin production in late 2017, so I guess we'll be seeing them in early 2019 in Hong Kong.

Forget the Tesla unless you have less than a 50 mile one way daily drive. I like the Chevy volt. Why? Because Chevy was making electric cars when there was no interest in them 20 years ago. Read about the EV1 from 1980. By the way, in 2017, Chevy is coming out with the Bolt. It is supposed to be head and shoulders above Tesla!

Quote Originally Posted by rickyross:
    Model X's are being delivered, but there's a long queue - California/West Coast first, then the rest of the US, then Europe, then APAC and other right hand drive countries.

The Model 3 will begin production in late 2017, so I guess we'll be seeing them in early 2019 in Hong Kong.
    2019?!? No thanks. Never liked the concept of paying in advance for something that cannot delivered "right now".

Lets see what the specs say. Could be an amazing mid-market car and might even encourage the german autos to get their EV / hybrid acts together.
    Rob2020, rickyross and TheBrit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Creg:
    Forget the Tesla unless you have less than a 50 mile one way daily drive. I like the Chevy volt. Why? Because Chevy was making electric cars when there was no interest in them 20 years ago. Read about the EV1 from 1980. By the way, in 2017, Chevy is coming out with the Bolt. It is supposed to be head and shoulders above Tesla!
    Chevy Volt is a hybrid, not PEV.

50 miles one way? What rock have you been living under?

A Chevy in Hong Kong??!?

emx, rickyross and Mat like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    2019?!? No thanks. Never liked the concept of paying in advance for something that cannot delivered "right now".

Lets see what the specs say. Could be an amazing mid-market car and might even encourage the german autos to get their EV / hybrid acts together.
    I feel the same way about buying something that can be had now, but to my understanding, Tesla has been pumping out new models and adding new features constantly. Hong Kong got the Model S first around what, 2013? Since then we've gotten autopilot, summon, Model X, and now the Model 3 - I don't know many automakers that have introduced so many new models and innovative features in the past few years. Keep in mind they're also developing other projects at the same time, such as their Powerwall mand Gigafactory.

Tesla has encouraged the German makers to get their act together - Mercedes has autopilot on some of their high end models and the BMW i3/i8 are a direct response to Tesla. Believe it or not, I think BMW's on the right track already, as the i3 is the third best selling EV of all time and the i8 is just flat-out cool.

Oh and now, you can sign up to watch and reserve:

https://model3.tesla.com/

Damn good looking little car, ordered already!

rickyross and bdw like this.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast