Like Tree17Likes

new ghostly window decals to scare the bejesus of drivers who use high/full beam

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

new ghostly window decals to scare the bejesus of drivers who use high/full beam

Chinese drivers try to deter high-beamers with scary reflective decals

new ghostly window decals to scare the bejesus of drivers who use high/full beam common in mainland, but starting to creep in HK, i worry it may cause crashes
    Rob2020, dumbdonkey, shri and 1 others like this.

Also need something for the ones that think just because they have daytime running lights there is no need to turn on their lights at night.

cy's daughter would be perfect
    Elegiaque and East_coast like this.

I drive a lot in China and this is the single most annoying thing I have experienced. About 40-50% of people on the road at night time drive with full beams, the ones from behind aren't a big problem, it's the ones from oncoming traffic that really makes it hard to see the road.

Of course, the most dangerous time to drive is just after sunset. Drivers either turn on every light they have (full beams, fog lights front and back) or they don't turn on any lights.

funny they can't turn their light off cause they for sure do not know how to use signal!

Quote Originally Posted by Plutark:
    funny they can't turn their light off cause they for sure do not know how to use signal!
    it's driving etiquette and the lack of local enforcement that's the problem, you rarely see police presence in HK motorways especially in NT

i don't recall much police on china roads, you can literally do anything on china roads
    Plutark likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    it's driving etiquette and the lack of local enforcement that's the problem, you rarely see police presence in HK motorways especially in NT

i don't recall much police on china roads, you can literally do anything on china roads
    There is a reasonable amount of police on the roads in China though whether or not they are traffic police is unclear. What is clear is that they don't enforce any sort of traffic laws.
    imparanoic likes this.

I thought this was a better way to deal with this:

China full-beam drivers punished by dazzling - BBC News

Rob2020, imparanoic and irisboards like this.

I would love it if this was enforced where I am!

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    I thought this was a better way to deal with this:
    So why this is good and waterboarding is bad?

A simple fine will do. Or give out a driving pause for a month or so. And please add the rear fog light to that list.

It's not a huge problem in HK, but drivers that do drive with no light/full beam/fog light seem to be totally unaware of it. Signaling them usually doesn't work at all. I wonder whether they should be on the road at all.

I remember had a no-light-driver in front of me a few month ago. I signaled him a few time with light and horn - zero reaction. But karma came it at a police roadblock.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast