Like Tree31Likes

Parking Ticket/Fine Increase

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Lol 480 is not much more than 320. Could easily have doubled it to 640. Won't matter, the amount is not the problem, the laughable enforcement is.

MandM! likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    the laughable NON-enforcement is.
    FTFY

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Lol 480 is not much more than 320. Could easily have doubled it to 640. Won't matter, the amount is not the problem, the laughable enforcement is.
    Hmm...I agree with you for the rich people...on the other hand we have guys who park on the very quiet street near my office...vans and light commercial vehicles...I think it could tip the balance for a lot of working class peeps.

On one hand you can say that parking fines are too low, couldn't we also argue that parking fees are too high?

Regarding enforcement...no problem in the N.T.s...you park illegally and you'll get tickets...

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyHairy:
    I don't have a problem with parking tickets...what pisses me off is that rich people who have drivers get away with blocking busy streets downtown where we will occasionally get tickets for parking in near empty culdesacs in the New Territories...

What will happen now is that carparks will raise their fees...again. In the NTs cars are often necessary.
    Exactly. Stupid to get a $320 ticket when you park in front of a restaurant or shop that you're a customer of. I've finally learned the Chinese for police or ticket as most Chinese restaurants go around telling (more like yelling) in Chinese that the police are outside now giving tickets.

Blocking a road in Central is a different offence all together in my mind.

I am getting better at knowing how to avoid tickets but geez if you take a break from driving and hit the pavement you're gonna have a dozen tickets quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyHairy:
    Hmm...I agree with you for the rich people...we have guys who park on the very quiet street near my office...vans and light commercial vehicles...I think it could tip the balance for a lot of working class peeps.

On one hand you can say that parking fines are too low, couldn't we also argue that parking fees are too high?
    When I go home to the west I've seen parking tickets at just US $10. Laughable. But people would get pissed off.

In New York City, I've seen US$300+ tickets.

Probably a better scale from highs to lows.
    DirtyHairy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    so how much would a driver earning $18000 month have to pay?
    Charge the owner of the car.
    MandM! likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    can i borrow your car?

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    When I go home to the west I've seen parking tickets at just US $10. Laughable. But people would get pissed off.

In New York City, I've seen US$300+ tickets.

Probably a better scale from highs to lows.
    Same as London...tickets are around double in the city...you also run a much higher risk of being towed...also, wherever it won't cause too much congestion there is metered or free on street parking in the U.K.
    MandM! likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    No different to how it is now. That would result in some of the lowest paid people in our society paying fines levied at the richest. Not clear how that would be fair.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    can i borrow your car?
    Sure, I'm low income.
    dumbdonkey likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast