Like Tree4Likes

Maybach G Wagon

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Maybach G Wagon

Benz is going to make a droptop G-wagon with an S-class interior with the Maybach name - limited to 99 models only. Because you've always wanted to go off-roading in a freakin Maybach.

V12 biturbo for 630hp and 738lb-ft. of torque.

I don't understand how Maybach/Daimler is supposed to compete with Rolls Royce/BMW when they're using the Maybach name as an trim level for Mercedes. Can you imagine buying a car labeled "Rolls Royce" and getting a 7 series BMW?

Last edited by rickyross; 14-02-2017 at 04:58 PM.

Weird you posted this - just saw a feature on the SCMP about this.

http://www.scmp.com/magazines/style/...-maybach-g-650

Last edited by shri; 14-02-2017 at 05:14 PM.

Their market will be right here.

Name:  5e0b6d8005387839f725254214bfcc09.jpg
Views: 1009
Size:  24.6 KB

What a horrible looking vehicle lol

Quote Originally Posted by rickyross:
    Can you imagine buying a car labeled "Rolls Royce" and getting a 7 series BMW?
    Yes I can. People buy Bentley and get a VW Phaeton. Not unusual at all.

The G is heavily modified anyway, and the Maibach as car brand is already discontinued.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to buy that thing.

I'm not sure how much RR and BMW share, quite a bit I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    Yes I can. People buy Bentley and get a VW Phaeton. Not unusual at all.
    "Bentley" does not refer to a particular model of vehicle. If I were were to buy a Mulsanne then it would not share the D1 Volkswagen platform, so your assessment would be wrong.

Bentley is a VW brand, they will share a lot. And IMHO there is nothing wrong with that. In the end you get a better quality Bentley.

rickyross likes this.

This conversation reminds me if the Jaguar/Ford thing...people kept pointing out how good the Ford chassis was.

Fair enough said I, give me the Mondeo with the Jaguar V6, you can keep your 2.0l diesel 'Jag.'....

Had a Maybach like this tall me when I was leaving Gstaad last week, the roads were so narrow and windy he couldn't overtake anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyHairy:
    This conversation reminds me if the Jaguar/Ford thing...people kept pointing out how good the Ford chassis was.

Fair enough said I, give me the Mondeo with the Jaguar V6, you can keep your 2.0l diesel 'Jag.'....
    Ford honestly fucked up Jaguar, land rover and Mazda all at once. No wonder those idiots went bankrupt. The current Jaguar in the hands of tata motors is just about a million times better.
    DirtyHairy and East_coast like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast