Like Tree27Likes

No membership/service plan car wash?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

No membership/service plan car wash?

My car is dirty and I want to drive in to a quick auto wash kind of thing. I've seen a few but the ones I've approached hit me up with a ridiculously overpriced annual service/cleaning plan and I'm lost in the weeds.

Are there any places where you just drive up, tap an octopus and get a car wash? No commitments, just a one-time thing? Or is Hong Kong all about long-term relationships when it comes to clean cars?

Nope.

You might find someone regular near your home or work car park that provides one off cheaper service (.......but often re-use the same water to wash 20+ cars)

Where do you live Penguin? I might be able point you in the right direction if I'm familiar with your neighbourhood.

Quote Original Post:
    Nope.

You might find someone regular near your home or work car park that provides one off cheaper service (.......but often re-use the same water to wash 20+ cars)
    Or they use brillo or scouring pads to remove stubborn road grime etc peppering your cars clear coat with scratches that are too deep or difficult (expensive) to Polish out.

A place that give you access to a hose would be good enough for me I don't mind washing the car myself, my place is trying to tell everyone not to wash the car with anything more than a damp cloth.

Skyhook likes this.

That's what I do. Bucket of hot water. Wipe the inside first, vacuum, and then the outside. Takes about 1 hour. Washing only the outside would take 25 minutes. You can cut the time in half by bringing your wife. Tell her it's a date.

Rob2020, JAherbert and Titus like this.

@penguinsix - What about something like this "Car Beautician in Aberdeen / Wong Chuk Hang".

They have a basic cleaning - interior / exterior service. Automated car wash / wax + wipe down + interior wipe down / vacuum for about $160-180 a go, no commitments. You can buy 10 tickets for $1500ish and use them over a year. Does get crowded on weekends, but pretty quick if you're free to take the car on a weekday (about 15-20 mins).

The fancier services take longer and cost more.

We usually get 10 tickets which is ok for a monthly wash / clean.

?? | ??????? CAR BEAUTICIAN

Titus likes this.

Quote Original Post:
    You can cut the time in half by bringing your wife. Tell her it's a date.
    The fall out from that date would be significantly more expensive, emotionally and financially.
    Zero Gravitas, Titus and hullexile like this.

The Shell stations have an auto / manual car wash. At Baguio, ours is manual - not sure how much it costs and if they wash it for you or if it is DIY. We use the service in WCH.

Shops and Services | Shell Hong Kong and Macau

Titus likes this.

If I read his location as Mid Level is correct then I can recommend you drive to here, the street map photo is old but the washing shop is the one with the Blue/White striped Tarpaulin. Shop's name is "Wang Cheong", Wash n Vaccum is 200 something, forgot the exact for mid size car, 5-6 guys working on cleaning the inside of your car.

driving from mid levels

https://goo.gl/maps/Uu2q2xLFFKo

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast