Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Skyhook
  • 1 Post By chuckster007
  • 1 Post By chuckster007

Any Experience with Jack's Motor second hand car dealer?

Closed Thread

Lightbulb Any Experience with Second Hand Car Dealer?

Dear all,

I have checked already some posts regarding reliable used car dealers and in fact i haven't got overall a good impression. So does anyone know anything about those guys from the jacksmotor.com website? Any other recommendation would be great!!

Thanks !!

Last edited by Bravete; 17-02-2017 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Fixed site reference

How old is the car that you are thinking about purchasing ?

Is it under 5 years old ? over 5 years old ? the older a car is the more prone it will be with having age related mechanical/electronic issues, unless of course there's detailed documented service history to state otherwise.

what model and make are you considering ?

Answer those simple questions first and I'll give you some advice.

Also, for piece of mind it's always a good idea to have any car you are thinking about purchasing, to have it inspected for previous accident damage or amateurish/dangerous mechanical repairs etc.

There are a handful of European run/owned ( if that matters to you ) garages you can arrange a vehicle inspection with, on HK Island and in the New Territories; depending on where you live and where the car dealer is, regarding convenience/location.

Also in regard to 'Jacks Motors,' never heard of them.....

Last edited by Skyhook; 17-02-2017 at 06:59 PM.
    shri, JAherbert and chuckster007 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    There are a handful of European run/owned ( if that matters to you ) garages you can arrange a vehicle inspection with, on HK Island and in the New Territories; depending on where you live and where the car dealer is, regarding convenience/location.
    second @Skyhook
    an AA inspection (hoisted up to check underneath) only costs a few thousand and you get one membership
    If you are still concerned, you can ask for a longer parts and labour warranty

I dealt with Jacks motor once and walked away from a vehicle so take what you will from my one experience

Advert was for a 2005 Alphard, posted in FB / 28 car.com etc, called up and asked about the car and arranged to go their garage in Kwai Chung, arrived there and after looking over the car and asking about it, it was actually a 2004 model, big difference in gear box from 4 speed to 5 speed.

I went through the checks and one of the windows was working properly, one of the electric doors wasnt smooth, I HAD to point these things out to him and off course he said he will get them fixed before I take the keys hmmmm

Typical salesman, he started on going about it wont be in the shop too long for the price he is selling blah blah blah.

The year thing was the worst deception and he came out with the yah yah its actually 2004 but the price is cheap and no way will you find a 2005 for this price blah blah blah, he probably paid 1/2 the asking price or less as trade in for another car he sold LOL

Walked away, please note this was the Kwai Chung shop, i see they have 3 sites so no experience from the other two shops.

shri likes this.

Talking

Dear Chuckster,

Thanks so much for your message. I really don't trust in all those dealer and this is why I have been asking to get some more advice and feedback from you guys.

But to me the issue is that I have a Mini Cooper (2002) and I want to trade in with it in order to get a better deal. So I think i should go through a car dealer but of course a reliable one.

I will follow your advice and I won't go to any deal with Jack's Motor. Thanks!

Dear Skyhook,

I'm looking for a family car but just 5 seats, my budget is around 50.000 hkd and as I said previously I would like to trade in my current car (Mini Cooper). Any advice in order to find a good car dealer will be really appreciated!

By the way, I'm living in Tung Chung!

Regards!

@Bravete going price on average for a 2002 Mini cooper is around HK$22476, if you trade in your vehicle, your going to get raped on the price, they will probably only give you like 10-12K price if your lucky as it depends on the what car you are going to buy from them, the more expensive the higher you might get trade in price.

Try to sell it on FB groups like the below and off course you can sell it on Geoxpat classifieds (before Shir gives me shit)https://www.facebook.com/groups/591628187541370/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1144708948917177/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/241699486037098/

Use the site below to find the car your looking for, it helps list out the ads as well of the cars and their prices.

Good hunting. 50K for a 5 seat car, you have so many choices

https://www.328car.com/hk/en/used-car-price/mini

shri likes this.

Hi guys,

How about MyMotors dealer? I have seen they have posted many offer in the classified forum?

Thanks!