Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bsc1280

Driving lessons...

Closed Thread

Driving lessons...

Hi All

asking for my wife who has converted her dirving license from home country to HK but has not driven a car I last 5 years. Also giving the car here is much bigger in size and with the roads here more windy and complicated, she wants to get customized driving lessons for

1. she does not need it for passing the dirving test as she has aloready got the license so we don't need someone who specializes in dirving tests.
    2. need someone who is experienced and can help with stuff that more specific to Hk like narrow windy roads and especially parkings (which are often very tight)

Please recommend some affordable options.

thanks a lot!

Hi all
    Any recommendations ......

I think you get not much feedback because so few people here drive and only kids take lessons. Why do you want to drive? Have you tried other options such as bus, taxi and mtr yet? In HK most people don't bother with a car as it doesnt add much convenience. Worth at least trying for a while before getting a car. We said we would give it 2 weeks and then get a car if we needed one. That was 10 years ago....

Quote Originally Posted by bsc1280:
    Hi All

asking for my wife who has converted her dirving license from home country to HK but has not driven a car I last 5 years. Also giving the car here is much bigger in size and with the roads here more windy and complicated, she wants to get customized driving lessons for

1. she does not need it for passing the dirving test as she has aloready got the license so we don't need someone who specializes in dirving tests.
    2. need someone who is experienced and can help with stuff that more specific to Hk like narrow windy roads and especially parkings (which are often very tight)

Please recommend some affordable options.

thanks a lot!
    Since she has converted her license - she is legally allowed to drive in Hong Kong but;

1. You can contact any of the Driving Instructors who will help (teach) her to drive in Hong Kong
    2. Contact Driving Instructors.

The instructor we used has passed away. But he was really moody. There is instructor called Marco, who is flexible and you can use your own car. Marco 9223-6794

Another recommendation Ken 6206 5202. You can whatsapp him.

Original Post Deleted
    Cant see any useful info like that from the app. Seemed like a better option to make the point, bump his thread up and see where it went.

tell her to sign up like Post License Driving course if she can handle it or if not then try just hiring any instructor so that she can get used to the car again.

Kwun Tong Driving School

thanks All

we already have a car which I drive so its not a question of whether she should get a car or whether she should drive

the car is there and she wants to be able to drive it when she wants...
    thanks for the recommendation. I will check with them.
    please let me know if you have some more recommendations

TheBrit likes this.

So you already have a car, already can drive, already can navigate the windy roads, already can park in small spots, and she already has a full license.

Why don't you teach her

haha its a two fold problem

I am not an instructor and not too confident I cant teacxh someone....
    she also wants to get lessons from someone who have instructed others...