Like Tree25Likes

Tesla on the Tai Tam Bridge

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor:
    Not withstanding the fact that he didn't stop, to me that looked as though it was entirely the pedestrians fault, she stepped out right in front of the car.

Edit - OK I had seen the video yesterday which gave me that opinion but reading that report above it seems the driver ran a red light which I hadn't noticed so i'll take it back.
    It's 50kph down that road, but most treat it like training for the Nuremberg Ring. The pedestrian crossing the woman was using is next to a supermarket and opposite a busy bus stop. People shouldn't be speeding there, and they should be slowing down because of the pedestrian crossing. There is good sighting of the crossing from a long distance, and plenty of time for a diligent driver to check if anyone is approaching or waiting at the crossing.

Favourite spot for police radar traps too. They set the radars just round the bend at the top of that photo, and have the stop point in the bus stop.

Problem is that the police are so predictable it does nothing to prevent speeding. They are only there on nice days, mid-afternoon, always clocking in the opposite direction to this accident. What it needs is about 5 permanent cameras all the way down to the roundabout to the beach and country club.
    spode likes this.

Yea the car didn't look to be going especially fast.

Original Post Deleted
    Only sick pieces of shit would want to watch that. People have become so desensitised.

That accident was near my pad and when I saw it on the weekend being posted on Apple news on FB, it was shocking. The guy ran a RED light, hit the poor lady and kept on going for nearly 1K until he was forced to be stopped by cars down the road. his response was the most unbelieveable "I didnt know I had hit someone" WTF is that body blocking your windscreen you stupid fuck. ARGGGGGHHHH!!!! You probably were staring at your mobile phone to even notice the lights turning red.

If this had happened in some 3rd world country, he would have been beaten to death, his car set on fire and then the villagers putting up road block to protest the accident. LOL

Scorpio01 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    What it needs is about 5 permanent cameras all the way down to the roundabout to the beach and country club.
    Surely it needs traffic calming measures not just more enforcement.

Some roads in Hong Kong have been known accident blackspots for 25+ years with the addition of a few extra cameras in downhill stretches 15+ years ago in a ill thought out reaction to an accident.

It is easy to adopt a hang-em-high approach but stupidity is only one of the factors to road accidents.

Spatial issues

There is something in the air that must rob one of all spatial awareness, and any idea if the width of your vehicle. I see versions of this daily.

Quote Originally Posted by threelittlepigs:
    I would bet this driver never played any sports as a kid. Lack of spatial awareness. Lack coordination.

There's definitely enough sensors on those cars to let you know how much space you got (I drive Tesla so I know).

THAT SAID.. and not defending this driver.., but that bridge is a major pain in the a** and the Model X is very wide. Much wider than most private cars. An Alphard is about 1,8m. Model X is over 2m wide. The model S is 1.96m.

Lights during peak periods wouldn't be a bad idea.

shri likes this.

that Ninja guy didnt give a shit ^^