Like Tree4Likes

speeding ticket

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

speeding ticket

does anyone know how long it takes for the letter and then penalty notice to come through?

thanks!

did u get flashed by one of the ORANGE boxes by the side of the road??

yes...

oh, does this means 10 days for the letter confirming identity to come through and then another 10 days after that for the penalty notice?

Quote Originally Posted by K_UK:
    yes...

oh, does this means 10 days for the letter confirming identity to come through and then another 10 days after that for the penalty notice?
    You just get one letter, if any. A flash doesn't mean you will get a letter. Errors happen.

Within 15Km/h it's just HK$320, which is totally pointless.

You get one letter to ask you who was driving and the second one with the ticket.

jrkob likes this.

As far as I remember I just got one letter from the orange box, and that's a few years ago. I am not an experienced ticket collector though.

This said, what is the point of 'who's driving '? I thought in HK it's always the car owner. I remember that case a few years back when a restaurant driver hit a red light with a patrons car - they went to court and owner had to pay the fine - judge said owner can claim it back from the restaurants driver in a separate trial.

There is actually a neat trick to outsmart any speed trap, simply look for street signs with a number in it and do not drive faster than that number.

Strangely though, I do collect a few white tubes lately. I always get them for no particular reason.

What's a white tube? I thought speeding tickets start at 15kmph over the limit.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof:
    This said, what is the point of 'who's driving '?
    Because if the car was driven by someone else, it is they that get the ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!:
    What's a white tube? I thought speeding tickets start at 15kmph over the limit.
    Nope, I got flashed once by the Orange box for 62 Kmh down hill, after reduction of the -4Kmh I got a speeding ticket for 58Km in a 50Kmh zone LOL
    @K_UK install Waze, its great for the Orange speed cameras, it tells u when the camera is approaching.

Wonder if it is just for the 50kmph limits? I've passed quite a few at 12-15km over. But aim to be 10km or less at the most.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast