Like Tree22Likes

Advice from a Local Hongkonger On Cars

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Advice from a Local Hongkonger On Cars

hi all,
    welcome to HK.
    I am a local in HK and I am interested in cars, I have basic knowledge which i believe i can answer most of your questions.
    You could ask me anything about cars and i would try my best to help.
    you could leave your comment here or message me your whatsapp number if you want to.

Just ask me anything! lets be friends (please use simple english because my eng is not that good

Ok let's test you. In Hong Kong's humid weather the outside of the front car windows often condenses water when the air con blows cold air up that windows from inside, requiring the swiping of the window swipes. Anything that can be done to avoid condensing?

Yes great question!!

Quote Originally Posted by cookie09:
    Ok let's test you. In Hong Kong's humid weather the outside of the front car windows often condenses water when the air con blows cold air up that windows from inside, requiring the swiping of the window swipes. Anything that can be done to avoid condensing?
    hi cookie,
    yes, hk is really humid all the time and i hate that too. however, foggy windscreen has nothing to do with humidity. actually the foggy windscreen is due to the tempreature difference.
    if you experience this in winter, you could open you windows and let cold air to go in your car to neutralize the temp inside and outside.
    in summer, outside is hot and inside is cold (aircon), i would not suggest you to turn off yr aircon since it is too hot you could actually turn on the "recycle" button on yr air con panel and wait for 1 or 2 mins before you start to drive.

hope this will help

I read through your question again and i think i have misunderstand your question.

If you do not want water to retain on the windshield. You could go for a coating service which is available in any district. Price could be HKD $1000 up. or you could DIY ofcouse. These coating will slip all water drops / condensed water away.

Hope this help.

cookie09 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by blackxwhite:
    I read through your question again and i think i have misunderstand your question.

If you do not want water to retain on the windshield. You could go for a coating service which is available in any district. Price could be HKD $1000 up. or you could DIY ofcouse. These coating will slip all water drops / condensed water away.

Hope this help.
    I had a chip in my windshield and got a new japanese windshield with solar layer. Seems to work well. I bought the coating and it was about HK$80 for a tube that can be used multiple times. Works great, and this tube was a made in Japan one. There are cheaper and more expensive ones too!
    cookie09 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cookie09:
    Yes - get a better car. I don't have the issue with my Ferrari :-)
    SigmaX likes this.

Ok without googling, can you tell me the relearn timing position procedure on any VANOS equipped BMW, when the vanos drive motor is removed and reinstalled to the head.

Titus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Ok without googling, can you tell me the relearn timing position procedure on any VANOS equipped BMW, when the vanos drive motor is removed and reinstalled to the head.
    This is too technical for me.
    I am interested in cars but I am not a technician. Sorry.
    BTW, my friend do know about the procedures, I saw him taking out a Laptop with a software, connecting to the OBD2 to do this.

@blackxwhite

Welcome to Geoexpat - you are a breath of fresh air it seems compare to the usual KIA on here.
    Have a good day!

jrkob, Titus and DrWho like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast