Like Tree4Likes

Convert Hong Kong Driving License to Mainland China Driving License

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jwow90
    Any luck with the diy option? I have a hk drivers, perm hkid card but no home return permit (foreigner with PR). Anyone try going up to sz ?
    You need to take written test. Documents you'll need if you are doing it yourself:

    Passport and resident permit with at least three months of validity (original and photocopy).

    Record of temporary residence obtained at the local police station (original and photocopy).

    Driver’s license (original and photocopy). (I'm not sure they'll let you exchange a HK license, used to be that you could only exchange a license issued by the country of your citizenship.)

    Certified and notarized translation to Chinese of the driver’s license (done at a Chinese notary public)

    Medical certificate (normally you can get this at the same place as doing the test or they'll ask you to go a specific hospital.)

    Three or five one-inch color photos with a white background.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy
    Driving on the Mainland...where traffic rules are...optional, you are a brave fellow, OP.
    I've been driving on the mainland for about 5 years now and.... I've turned into a complete asshole driver.

    If you don't drive ultra-aggressive, you can double your journey time.
    Coolboy likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2