Like Tree2Likes

Drivers license can you take Part B and C separately to save time?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007
    have u actually done this and it worked, how much did u spend to get the Chinese drivers license and how long did it take, i heard of horrer stories of costing 1000's of HKD to apply for China driving license.
    Yup did on 90 days L visa in Dongguan. Paid 2K RMB to some agent (who did written test for me) & got mine Chinese DL next day/morning (after "medical").

Quote Originally Posted by merchantms
    So a non-Chinese can't use a Chinese license to convert to HK license unless they have lived there for more than 6 months or hold a Chinese passport. If you're in HK on a work visa not sure how you will convince TD that you actually have been living in China.
    In China you can rent a condo using APEC card, or any tourist visa without any problem. stay there as long as you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by resurection
    In China you can rent a condo using APEC card, or any tourist visa without any problem. stay there as long as you wish.
    How is this all easier than just passing the HK driving test?!

How is this all easier than just passing the HK driving test?!
    How? With Chinese you change it 1 on 1, for non supported countries you need to pass a full test as a beginner in HK (Driving & written test). It's easier since in China there is only 1 condition "any 90 days visa" and can be done same day.

Yup did on 90 days L visa in Dongguan. Paid 2K RMB to some agent (who did written test for me) & got mine Chinese DL next day/morning (after "medical").
    can i have the contact of this "agent"?

How? With Chinese you change it 1 on 1, for non supported countries you need to pass a full test as a beginner in HK (Driving & written test). It's easier since in China there is only 1 condition "any 90 days visa" and can be done same day.
    I'm still struggling here.

TD wants to see that you either:
    - have Chinese passport
    - lived in China for 6 months
    - have had Chinese license for 5 years

If I pop over to Shenzhen and do a written test now, and turn up at TD with my UK passport, my Chinese license issued 2 weeks ago, and my HK visa showing I reside in HK, you're telling me they are going to convert that to an HK license? So they don't follow their own policies? I don't have a Chinese face or name, I'm blatantly a foreigner.
    shafiq likes this.

- have Chinese passport
    One of! You can do it on L visa, but maybe will need to wait 6 moths for your DL to be old.

If you get your Chinese DL, you can convert it immediately fuck TLD, did it by myself.

One of! You can do it on L visa, but maybe will need to wait 6 moths for your DL to be old.

If you get your Chinese DL, you can convert it immediately fuck TLD, did it by myself.
    OK got it.

- have Chinese passport

If I pop over to Shenzhen and do a written test now, and turn up at TD with my UK passport, my Chinese license issued 2 weeks ago, and my HK visa showing I reside in HK, you're telling me they are going to convert that to an HK license? So they don't follow their own policies? I don't have a Chinese face or name, I'm blatantly a foreigner.
    Seems have to wait 6 months and have L visa for that period.

Only advantage is you can get a full license, unlike HK you get a probationary and have to wait 1 year for full license.

Quote Originally Posted by shafiq
    Seems have to wait 6 months and have L visa for that period.

Only advantage is you can get a full license, unlike HK you get a probationary and have to wait 1 year for full license.
    About Chinese 1 is full tor full 1. Under 12 months you can drive on any DL in HK,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast