Like Tree3Likes

Recommendations for car camera

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Windmill65:
    How much data do these cameras record? How far back in history can you review for events?
    Tends to vary depending on the files sizes, best I've had was about a week, current one keeps about 4 days of always on video which it auto overwrites, and keeps the incident videos longer not sure how long it hasn't deleted any yet in a few months of driving.

Incident videos for mine being either when it recorded due to movement or other trigger in parking mode or a bump, usually a pothole, while driving.

edit: obviously also depends on the size of the SD Card

In the MERC that I had before it came with BlackVue wifi front and back dashcam, you can watch the vidoes on your phone with the Blackvue app. My mate has it installed for aroudn 1800 at that time, probably cheaper now.

https://www.blackboxmycar.com/collec...wifi-dash-cams

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Gravitas:
    Tends to vary depending on the files sizes, best I've had was about a week, current one keeps about 4 days of always on video which it auto overwrites, and keeps the incident videos longer not sure how long it hasn't deleted any yet in a few months of driving.

Incident videos for mine being either when it recorded due to movement or other trigger in parking mode or a bump, usually a pothole, while driving.

edit: obviously also depends on the size of the SD Card
    Thank you. I wonder how the camera can determine whether something is an “event” and needs to be kept for a longer period.