HK Driving License covers 50cc Scooters

Closed Thread

HK Driving License covers 50cc Scooters

Hi
    I have a full UK license which enables me to ride a 50cc bike in the UK without needing to get a seperate license.

Does the same apply in HK, ie can I drive a 50cc scooter here in HK without needing to get a motorbike classification added to my license?

From looking at the various websites, it looks I need to get a motorbike license to ride any scooter, no matter how much power they have.

Thanks

I don't know for the UK driving license but for my french driving license even i can drive 50cc scooter in france i can't in hong kong i have to pass the motorcycle one.

I think you can, coz the bike license cover all cc ranges in HK.

However, for any vehicle under 125cc, access to highway is prohibited.

You should apply a HK driving license first. As you hv the UK lincese, I think you can excempt the examination.

Make sure ur lincense in UK allows you to drive manual shift, as most of the small cc bike is manual bike.

oh..it's scooter, manual license holder can drive scooter too.

no, for any powered cycle in HK you need a motorcycle licence. a car licence will not allow you to ride any motorcycle/moped/scooter. sorry

A bit anal really. Like how you need a separate license for an LGV (also known as a van).