Like Tree9Likes

Where is this figure 8 slope area?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    So what are you doing to get more confidence. If it were me I would find a godown in somewhere like Fotan , Li Chi Kok, Kowloon Bay etc that has 4-5 levels of carpark and will be very quiet on a Saturday afternoon and spend a couple of hours getting used to my bike. Is there somewhere you can go out of the rain near you?
    There is a slope like area near my Home, i take my sister's bicycle there and train EOD but training on a bicycle vs a motorcycle is different(speed, weight, dimensions etc)
    I trained on the slope area near my home on the bicyclle like a few times before i tried to do my first 8 at sheung tak street like Chuckster suggested and I was messy as hell, i was taking way too much space to perform an 8.
    eventually i brought down the amount of space i took but it wasn't enough compared to the space i will get at king tak street on the day of the exam.
    anyways i will still try and do it on Bicycle at night when there is less of a rush hour around the slope/car park areas.

Hope it doesn't rain tomorrow.

King Tak street is narrow and watch out for the cars that go in and out of that road when your doing your test.

Mamol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamol:
    Hope it doesn't rain tomorrow.
    What's your plan B if it does rain?

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    What's your plan B if it does rain?
    There are no other alternatives for me if it rains unfortunately. The exam will be pushed to 2019...
    I hope it rains on 9th July tho because then the exam date gets pushed and it will give me time once again to practice.

Final Update

Exam has been cancelled.

I will explain what and how.

Today i set out for my last practice at 11AM.
    I was training at the Sheung Lok street on the upper side when my bike suddenly broke down.
    I made a video and sent it to the bike teaching company via whatsapp. They called some trainer who called me and told me to open a hatch and tighten the brake screw which at first was hard to find because i am not experienced in any of bike tech related things and then when i did, i tightened but it was still not starting. I called, sent pics, after an hour, a teacher comes, he does the same thing with the screw and it doesn't work then he takes me in his van back to the Mong Kok centre.
    teacher gives me an extra hour of lesson and gives me a brand new bike(250miles on it so far) Honda MSX 125.
    I ride it, and this bike was sooo much easier to do an 8 on and also it started a bit different then the Suzuki bikes they gave me, i had to give it more throttle when going uphill to make it start.
    anyways my 1 hour was up so i messaged my teacher on whatsapp and told her i am coming and will pay $320 for 2 more lessons.

I come, I pay, i hurry back to the place i parked my bike, i take my bike out and later when i was trying to change from lane 2 to lane 3 because only lane 3 & 4 permits us to take a turn into Tin Kwong Road, the cars were going really fucking fast despite my signal, i panicked because of the cars(my speed was 30-35 km/h) and didn't brake in time and my bike zigzagged forward and caused this slight scratch with my bikes handle bar(the one that gives throttle) on someone's car.

He comes out, takes a pic of the scratch and i beg him not to call the police( i don't know what to do, i have never ever in my life been in such a situation ) and told him to give me a chance, i was contacting my teachers via whatsapp but they were offline, even called locally, no answer,
    he starts saying pay me $2000 as this is not his car but his boss car and i said take my Iphone 6 64GB(i checked its value before giving, its value is $2000), it is brand new bought from apple last year(perfectly preserved) etc. He said he doesn't want iphone 6. He wants cold hard cash. I beg him to take me somewhere to sell the Iphone 6 like TST or SSP and he says ok, take you to Mong Kok.
    Now the other problem was, my brand new bike suddenly stopped moving, it wouldn't get the voltage to turn on the engine etc no matter how much i pressed.
    Now suddenly my teachers calls me and tells me to make a police case which i tell the driver to call the police as my teacher says so and he says ok, he calls the police, police arrive, they note down everything, i tell them everything how it happened etc(then everyone leaves except me)

Now my teacher comes, he asks me and then starts the bike but it doesn't start no matter what he and me do so he calls the other trainer who gives it voltage with some voltage cables.

after i reached the office and tell them i want to have the lessons i paid for tomorrow morning at 10AM right before my 2PM exams and they say ok.

after i leave, they tell me to contact the driver now and pay him $2000 or else you will pay court fee+$2000 and exams will be cancelled.
    I tell them i didn't get the drivers number(my fault, i should have been prepared for this, i didn't know what to do, the driver was loud and rude and i was literally filled with fear at this point and wasn't thinking straight)

anyways, it was my fault tbh... if i had changed my lane from 2 to 3 earlier instead of later then i wouldn't have caused this crash and my exam wouldn't have been cancelled and i wouldn't be out of $2000.

Worst day ever in my life tbh.

Last edited by Mamol; 08-07-2018 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamol:
    Final Update

Exam has been cancelled.

I will explain what and how.

Today i set out for my last practice at 11AM.
    I was training at the Sheung Lok street on the upper side when my bike suddenly broke down.
    I made a video and sent it to the bike teaching company via whatsapp. They called some trainer who called me and told me to open a hatch and tighten the brake screw which at first was hard to find because i am not experienced in any of bike tech related things and then when i did, i tightened but it was still not starting. I called, sent pics, after an hour, a teacher comes, he does the same thing with the screw and it doesn't work then he takes me in his van back to the Mong Kok centre.
    teacher gives me an extra hour of lesson and gives me a brand new bike(250miles on it so far) Honda MSX 125.
    I ride it, and this bike was sooo much easier to do an 8 on and also it started a bit different then the Suzuki bikes they gave me, i had to give it more throttle when going uphill to make it start.
    anyways my 1 hour was up so i messaged my teacher on whatsapp and told her i am coming and will pay $320 for 2 more lessons.

I come, I pay, i hurry back to the place i parked my bike, i take my bike out and later when i was trying to change from lane 2 to lane 3 because only lane 3 & 4 permits us to take a turn into Tin Kwong Road, the cars were going really fucking fast despite my signal, i panicked because of the cars(my speed was 30-35 km/h) and didn't brake in time and my bike zigzagged forward and caused this slight scratch with my bikes handle bar(the one that gives throttle) on someone's car.

He comes out, takes a pic of the scratch and i beg him not to call the police( i don't know what to do, i have never ever in my life been in such a situation ) and told him to give me a chance, i was contacting my teachers via whatsapp but they were offline, even called locally, no answer,
    he starts saying pay me $2000 as this is not his car but his boss car and i said take my Iphone 6 64GB(i checked its value before giving, its value is $2000), it is brand new bought from apple last year(perfectly preserved) etc. He said he doesn't want iphone 6. He wants cold hard cash. I beg him to take me somewhere to sell the Iphone 6 like TST or SSP and he says ok, take you to Mong Kok.
    Now the other problem was, my brand new bike suddenly stopped moving, it wouldn't get the voltage to turn on the engine etc no matter how much i pressed.
    Now suddenly my teachers calls me and tells me to make a police case which i tell the driver to call the police as my teacher says so and he says ok, he calls the police, police arrive, they note down everything, i tell them everything how it happened etc(then everyone leaves except me)

Now my teacher comes, he asks me and then starts the bike but it doesn't start no matter what he and me do so he calls the other trainer who gives it voltage with some voltage cables.

after i reached the office and tell them i want to have the lessons i paid for tomorrow morning at 10AM right before my 2PM exams and they say ok.

after i leave, they tell me to contact the driver now and pay him $2000 or else you will pay court fee+$2000 and exams will be cancelled.
    I tell them i didn't get the drivers number(my fault, i should have been prepared for this, i didn't know what to do, the driver was loud and rude and i was literally filled with fear at this point and wasn't thinking straight)

anyways, it was my fault tbh... if i had changed my lane from 2 to 3 earlier instead of later then i wouldn't have caused this crash and my exam wouldn't have been cancelled and i wouldn't be out of $2000.

Worst day ever in my life tbh.
    Don't despair. No one was hurt and $2K is probably about right given the drivers time and hassle to get it fixed. Just keep practicing. The more road hours you have the more comfortable you will feel.
    Mamol likes this.

If that's the worst day in your life, you've lived a pretty good sheltered life. Trust me if you ride a bike, you will likely experience far worse than a tiny little scratch on a car at some point and 2K isn't that much money. Riding a bike is a bit like playing rugby, if you ride(play) for long enough, you will get hurt, it's just a matter of how much and how bad. That's the nature of the beast. Be prepared and wear appropriate clothing and a good helmet, it helps a lot.

East_coast and Mamol like this.