Like Tree9Likes

Where is this figure 8 slope area?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Unhappy Where is this figure 8 slope area?

My driving school is total dogshit
    the trainer took me here on a 1 day training of 4 hours and then told me next day to find my way here(SOLO) from Mong kok(they park their bikes there) and the tin Kwong road test center...

I have managed to find tin Kwong road yesterday on my first day of solo using my iPhone maps but I can’t find this slope area
    i really need to practice the figure 8 or I m going to fail

my exam is on 9th july

please help me

https://youtu.be/yKAwt_bRJWk

Why cant u use the following driving route provided by kwun tong driving school!! They use a slope in king tak street!!

Kwun Tong Driving School

Quote Originally Posted by Mamol:
    My driving school is total dogshit
    the trainer took me here on a 1 day training of 4 hours and then told me next day to find my way here(SOLO) from Mong kok(they park their bikes there) and the tin Kwong road test center...
    Why is that not reasonable. You will pass your test soon and have to get everywhere by yourself.

This is the actual road test route in Tin Kwong Road at the 3.10 mark is where you do the actual Figure of 8 test but beware during normal times, Learner drivers are not allowed in that part of the road so you cannot actually practise there

Your best hope is to do what other bikers do is to go up Sheung Lok Street and practise using just one lane.

Good luck and I failed my stupid figure of 8 at the same damm place, I blame it on my pregnant wife at that time lol I didnt get much time to practise it.

https://goo.gl/maps/qSj34AACmHS2

If you don’t mind a bit of a detour, the service road next to Chak On Estate is often used by mb to practise their figure of 8. It’s a dead end that leads to a reservoir pump house, so devoid of traffic 99% of the time and is about the right slope and width for practise.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Why is that not reasonable. You will pass your test soon and have to get everywhere by yourself.
    It's not reasonable because i am still a learner and those SOLO lessons i got should be focused solely on training for the test route and the figure of 8, not navigating around the entire Mong Kok road to find the right way to reach Tin Kwong Road test centre.
    That is a waste of precious time that i have paid them for.

Quote Originally Posted by shafiq:
    Why cant u use the following driving route provided by kwun tong driving school!! They use a slope in king tak street!!
    It's not King Tak Street...
    look at the video i posted in the OP...

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    This is the actual road test route in Tin Kwong Road at the 3.10 mark is where you do the actual Figure of 8 test but beware during normal times, Learner drivers are not allowed in that part of the road so you cannot actually practise there

Your best hope is to do what other bikers do is to go up Sheung Lok Street and practise using just one lane.

Good luck and I failed my stupid figure of 8 at the same damm place, I blame it on my pregnant wife at that time lol I didnt get much time to practise it.

https://goo.gl/maps/qSj34AACmHS2
    I looked at sheung lok st using street view and i saw the sign that forbids L learners to enter.

are u sure?

I looked at sheung lok st using street view and i saw the sign that forbids L learners to enter.

are u sure?
    Ah ok that sign wasnt there a few years ago LOL seems loads of NO LEARNER signs along that road now, really stupid as its the damm Driving test route LOL
    Mamol likes this.

Name:  3A77C188-BDB2-4DB5-9D75-DA05C310E5E1.jpeg
Views: 1356
Size:  314.8 KBName:  3A77C188-BDB2-4DB5-9D75-DA05C310E5E1.jpeg
Views: 1356
Size:  314.8 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Ah ok that sign wasnt there a few years ago LOL seems loads of NO LEARNER signs along that road now, really stupid as its the damm Driving test route LOL
    Seems has a time restriction on learners. But 24 hr prohibition on learning figure 8
    chuckster007 likes this.

It's not reasonable because i am still a learner and those SOLO lessons i got should be focused solely on training for the test route and the figure of 8, not navigating around the entire Mong Kok road to find the right way to reach Tin Kwong Road test centre.
    That is a waste of precious time that i have paid them for.
    I could be very wrong and I apologies if I am but perhaps your teacher is just trying to improve your overall confidence on a bike. By having experience of more road environments you should be able to handle the test route more easily as you will be better prepared for anything unexpected. Just a thought.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast