Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

Bicycle park in HK

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    You would have to be insane to consider commuting by bicycle on HK island. It's scary enough driving or walking with all the stupid, incompetent and belligerent vehicle drivers on the road. Policy should be to discourage this and get people into the MTR or bus system.
    No... Policy should be to reduce cars.
    Golem and HK_Katherine like this.

I agree that policy should be to discourage car use, as well as bicycle use. Both are selfish ways of commuting compared to bus or MTR which are far more efficient uses of space. Cars and bicycles take up far more road space/commuter than buses.. and furthermore require extra storage space at both ends. Less cars, less bikes should be the policy.

Quote Originally Posted by greenmark
    Really? That is good news
    I can't find the info at the moment, it was noted in govt. publication within the last year, the HK cycling association should have more info.

I agree that policy should be to discourage car use, as well as bicycle use. Both are selfish ways of commuting compared to bus or MTR which are far more efficient uses of space. Cars and bicycles take up far more road space/commuter than buses.. and furthermore require extra storage space at both ends. Less cars, less bikes should be the policy.
    Brilliant thinking...In a city where pollution is a significant problem, discourage use of one of the cleanest alternative... Let's put more diesel spewing buses lined up one after another on the streets....Outstanding,that goes completely against what most large urban cities are doing around the world. That's one of the things that all the most livable cities in the world have in common, a great cycling infrastructure.

Buses don't have to be diesel Golem... you don't even need to travel very far to see that

How Did Shenzhen, China Build World’s Largest Electric Bus Fleet? | World Resources Institute

Brilliant strawman argument there. Nice to see you back and reverting to your old ways...

Only an idiot could think cycling as a form of commuting on Hong Kong island is a solution to anything.

Buses don't have to be diesel Golem... you don't even need to travel very far to see that

How Did Shenzhen, China Build World’s Largest Electric Bus Fleet? | World Resources Institute

Brilliant strawman argument there. Nice to see you back and reverting to your old ways...

Only an idiot could think cycling as a form of commuting on Hong Kong island is a solution to anything.
    In HK, buses are not electric, they are diesel. I see that you are continuing your old ways of infantile insults... Those with visions that have managed to make their cities rise to the top of the most livable and best cities in the world ALL have comprehensive cycling plans. It's not just about efficiency of moving people, it's about making a nicer city for a better tomorrow. I know it's hard to conceive for a negative nilly like you

God, you really are desperate aren't you? I remember you had a real blind spot for cycling in your precious incarnation, seems age hasn't managed to mature it away.

I do think cycling as commuting could work in the NT with policy support. However, unless you plan to demolish Central and rebuild it cycling as commuting will never get off the ground on HK Island.

God, you really are desperate aren't you? I remember you had a real blind spot for cycling in your precious incarnation, seems age hasn't managed to mature it away.

I do think cycling as commuting could work in the NT with policy support. However, unless you plan to demolish Central and rebuild it cycling as commuting will never get off the ground on HK Island.
    Your lack of imagination is staggering, it wouldn't be that difficult to build something along the water, Singapore had the guts to ban most cars in the CBD, that would also open up a lot of space. It's not rocket science, other cities have done it and mostly by using land along the waterfront. It creates a space which is pleasant for recreational use and allows many people to commute safely and effectively. The vast majority live within a km or two of said waterfront which makes access fairly easy. There are plenty of workers that deliver goods using bicycles with the awful existing infrastructure, it's not a stretch of the mind. Unfortunately the powers that be want a place where people aspire to ride in a mercedes and not a bike.
    bluetillew likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2