Like Tree90Likes

Living with a non-Tesla Electric Car (EV) in HK

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14

I have been driving an electric car in UK now since June. First with a hired Polestar which was great, then an Audi Etron 55 which was a beast but also a hire. Finally made my mind up and got an ex demo model MG ZS.
    Not the prettiest of cars but great for the dog to get in the back and throw around the Cheviot hills in the North east.
    For me it suits my purpose as I dont drive 200 miles per day, my commute is from my bed to the office room next door. I have a home charger and after 10,000 miles I have paid around 200 GBP in electric.
    I have driven down to London a couple of times from Newcastle and also to Kent and Lake district. No issue at all when using chargers at motorway services (tend to go for Gridserve as easy to use) and can easily get from 10% to 80% within the time it take me to pee and have a coffee.
    Wont go back to ICE and already looking at next model which would be a KIA EV6.

emx and newhkpr like this.

My Smart Brabus seems okay so far, though I've been driving in the sedate 'comfort' mode mostly. I tried 'sport' mode briefly and the 'brabus' mode not at all. The lane assistance seems a bit heavy handed but it's nice to have the safety features. I like how the predicted range is quite accurate, so far. My ICE car would tell me that I had 526 km of range each time I filled up but I'd be lucky to hit 350. If I can keep it topped up with a 'long lunch' once a week, I'd be fairly happy.

newhkpr and shri like this.

@chobochobo - Did you get the 80% charge limit sorted? What sort of range are you getting?

Yes, I got it to 93% on my second charge at a slowish charger in Lee Gardens 3 by picking the 'long trip' option. I haven't done enough to gauge the range but indications are that 400km-ish should be do-able.

shri likes this.

Curiously, the other day I got a letter from the Transport department 'reminding' me that if I sell the car, I shouldn't make a profit. Does everyone get one of these?

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14