Like Tree37Likes

New car was lemon, then they crashed it...

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Seems very unlikely that they'd replace the car if the misfire has been fixed and the "crash" could be dealt with by touching in some paint.

Surely under US law it is only a lemon if the problem can't be fixed in a reasonable time? I only ever bought one car brand new (in the UK)... despite a string of electrical issues over the first year and a direct complaint to the head office a replacement was never on the cards.

@MBHK - Any progress on your negotiations?

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Luckily it seems the car was bought through an authorized MB dealer and the car is NEW so things should work out.

Now if it was a grey market dealer it would have been a different HORROR story.
    a horror story defo, dodgy car dealers are common in HK and they have never be proscuted over lemon cars

No, they asked me to pay more money for a new car replacement, or offered me some credits towards service or a used car.

Don’t buy Mercedes

I can't get your point. Why you feel you are entitled to a new car? In case YOU where driving it and somebody bumped into you - how likely it will be that the insurance will give you a new car. Right, zero.

That somebody else was driving it does not change anything. If they had caused the accident, then you have some points on your side, but they did not.

That they did offer you anything at all is already really generous. Be happy and take it.

And you really believe that this would be different with any other brand?

They sold me a lemon and then got my car in a crash - interesting for you to claim they weren’t at fault. How would you know they’re not at fault?

The value of the car was impaired at time of manufacture and has only diminished substantially since then after crashing in their possession.

If you think it’s okay for a new vehicle to have unresolved transmission issues, a complete replacement of the fuel system, and damage from an accident - I’m very happy to sell you a brand new* Mercedes at MSRP. Or perhaps you are already in the business of selling cars for Mercedes

What happened to your Mercedes? How did you resolve it?

I’m going to pursue this to the end of the earth and will make sure they are exposed. It’s a matter of principle now and not just money.

Quote Originally Posted by MBHK:
    They sold me a lemon and then got my car in a crash - interesting for you to claim they weren’t at fault. How would you know they’re not at fault?
    No fault for the crash. Other issue fall under warranty.

A fault that doesn't show all the time is tricky though. That should be followed up anyway. But the crash is a lost cause.

Not sure what to expect from ZF. They are certainly better than the random street repair shop. But it's still a HK company, so don't put your expectations too high.

No fault for the crash? Again, how do you know the specifics of the case or do you think in general there is no need to bear responsibility for a car in their possession?

Hope you never leave your kids in a daycare!