Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree17Likes

Convertible car

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!
    The rubber between the window and roof quickly get deteriorated from the sun. And it's too hot. Even now if you were driving 30 minutes it would be uncomfortable due to humidity. They are nice for the winter but then it gets too cold. Tricky situation. But driving a convertible in HK is fun.
    just wondering, this rubber seal deteriorate due to the average warm temperture or high humidity, or if it's more the case, consistant direct sunlight exposed ? did you park your car outdoor or indoor?

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic
    just wondering, this rubber seal deteriorate due to the average warm temperture or high humidity, or if it's more the case, consistant direct sunlight exposed ? did you park your car outdoor or indoor?
    Don't believe this nonsense, i drive convertibles since 18 years in Hong Kong and never ever such rubber seal failed. I am quite sure the poster never owned a convertible. Yes, there are things can go wrong, but not the rubber seal. Read Skyhooks post, he is spot on.
    Skyhook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook
    I'll also add, I normally only drove with the top down, during the cooler, less humid months, rarely in peak summer.. Just too humid, dirty etc
    I had that discussion a few times before with outsiders, they think an air stream will cool you down - totally not in HK's summer climate.
    Skyhook likes this.

It's OK from about now (end-October) to April May... very pleasant for much of this time... put the heater on when it gets chilly

Skyhook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by flameproof
    I had that discussion a few times before with outsiders, they think an air stream will cool you down - totally not in HK's summer climate.
    Yeah during the hotter months it's just not pleasant, just hot, sweaty and dusty via road grime...better to leave the roof shut and the air conditioning switched on.

Excellent when it's around 20 to 24 degrees C.. Not bad when it's cooler too with the heater cranked up and roof down and windows up. Lol

Aren't the pre-requisites that you're Northern European and live in Saikung / Clear Water Bay area. If you tick both these boxes then....

Skyhook likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic
    Probably due to direct exposure to the sun. I did have leaking on my convertible, a Z3, in HK. But I bought some sealant and it fixed the issue although it was a grey colour and stood out a bit against the black seals.

The seals did not exactly fail but they were definitely sun worn. When I first got the car and drove it in a rain storm, a friend in the passenger seat got a steady stream of water. I felt embarrassed as I didn't know it leaked.
    imparanoic likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2