Quote Originally Posted by Peaky:
I managed to get the cover in place in the end (via Kwilsure). Cost wise I reckon we just about broke even Vs the cost of ferries in 1st class etc given a few trips with a full car, but probably won't bother renewing for the year ahead.
Kwiksure quoted me last year, with a slight discount on the Macau premium, but charge HKD$300 as a service fee. I presume that's still the case?

Anyways I also inquired about monthly insurance for Macau. From Asia Insurance:
1 month = HKD305
2 months = HKD458

- obviously more expensive pro-rata, but worthwhile if going < 4 times a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaky:
Any idea if the 7 day self-drive plus a normal multi entry visa, and a Hong Kong driving license is enough to drive into Zuhai or Shenzhen (using the China insurance coverage)? The HK gov website shows only about 5 or 6 people use the scheme monthly which seems very low if it only needs a 950HKD insurance policy so I'm a bit dubious!
I think the scheme is only open to HRP holders at present. Also it's not open for use on the HZMB yet (LMC crossing only) but i'd imagine it's only a matter of time.

However yes, the CNY 950 insurance is valid for all of Guangdong Province, including for this scheme. Last time I did it I paid CNY 1xx only for the week, so it sounds about right. Keep in mind the coverage is very minimal; it's essentially the legally required minimum only.