Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By A0lan

Obtaining Certificate of Driving Licence Particulars from overseas

Obtaining Certificate of Driving Licence Particulars from overseas

I have moved from Hong Kong and require my CERTIFICATE OF DRIVING LICENCE PARTICULARS.

How can you obtain this document without being in Hong Kong and having it mailed overseas?

It appears there is no option to order this online. Does anyone know of any agents that can get this document on my behalf?

thanks!

Do you have any friends or ex-colleagues who might be able to help you? Does not look like you need an "official agent".

https://www.td.gov.hk/filemanager/co..._r.pdf?noembed

imparanoic likes this.

Unfortunately I dont have anyone I know that would want to go and stand in line. I did it once and it took about an hour.

Well, in Australia they won't allow you to transfer a HKG driving licence on its own. you need that certificate, faxed to your transport depot, upon receiving it, only then, will they transfer to a local driver's licence.

Took a bit of mucking around, but as I have family in HK, so wasn't too bad. Took about 10 days for the HKTD, to send the Fax to our local Qld TD branch office.

Not sure what you can do about this if you're not in HK and don't have someone authorised to pay the fee, submit the application and collect it.

The certificate must be faxed by the HKTD to the fax number you are given when you apply for transfer. Apparently the HK licence has been counterfeited quite a bit, so they want proof now.

Thats the same with Canada. They require the certificate. However they need the original certificate with the chop. Hoping to find an agent or third party that can help obtain this on my behalf.

Skyhook likes this.