Like Tree9Likes

Parking Tickets: Being issued?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Post Parking Tickets: Being issued?

just wondering, i noted a lot of double parking lately in many places, is there a significantly higher tendency of the police (5 tickets issues over the last decade was by the police) not being issuing parking tickets for the last 3 months, suppose, not their priority at the moment, however, there are still those brown uniformed traffic warden still around though, but there seems not many around.

@inparanoic - I think you’re right, in the pre-protest days I received 6 tickets over the course of four days when I went on holiday and left my motorbike parked slightly outside the designated space. I’ve seen bikes left for a week under the canal st flyover without a ticket or maybe just one.

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic
    just wondering, i noted a lot of double parking lately in many places, is there a significantly higher tendency of the police (5 tickets issues over the last decade was by the police) not being issuing parking tickets for the last 3 months, suppose, not their priority at the moment, however, there are still those brown uniformed traffic warden still around though, but there seems not many around.
    Police were giving quite a few tickets in May and June. But has stopped ever since. Hehe.

I thought they weren't giving tickets and got one anyway. Lucky you.

imparanoic likes this.

Depends where and when.

Quote Originally Posted by MandM!
    Depends where and when.
    I noted in Fanling, Sheung Shui, Taipo, Diamond Hill, some parts of Tsim Sha Tsui areas, however, there appears no difference in Wan Chai though

Quote Originally Posted by jack55
    I thought they weren't giving tickets and got one anyway. Lucky you.
    which street or area and when?

Over the last 10+ years, I've noticed a police regular "surprise training exercise" in our area (south side HK) - start at 8AM on Saturday / Sunday and goes on till noon-ish. This usually involves multiple portable traffic cameras and a whole deployment of motorbikes, vans and 15-20 cops in total.

All been missing for the last 3 months.

Ditto for other hotspots where the police setup temp traffic cams on a less regular basis.

I do however see traffic wardens in our area regularly. Not sure if they're ticketing as much as before - they're usually quite good at giving warnings to the trucks / trade delivery vehicles rather than ticketing them.

imparanoic likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    Over the last 10+ years, I've noticed a police regular "surprise training exercise" in our area (south side HK) - start at 8AM on Saturday / Sunday and goes on till noon-ish. This usually involves multiple portable traffic cameras and a whole deployment of motorbikes, vans and 15-20 cops in total.

All been missing for the last 3 months.

Ditto for other hotspots where the police setup temp traffic cams on a less regular basis.

I do however see traffic wardens in our area regularly. Not sure if they're ticketing as much as before - they're usually quite good at giving warnings to the trucks / trade delivery vehicles rather than ticketing them.
    I live in Fanling, very close to PTU training facilities, you can here the gun blast over weekday and occasionally saturdays, but once in a blue moon, you can hear and see their helicopter and abseiling down the ropes.

Perhaps they are letting go of the parking tickets so as to not victimise HK citizens twice over!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast