Like Tree36Likes

Tesla Cybertruck

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Tesla Cybertruck

Okay, so I drive a Model S. But pretty tempted to place a reservation for the new Tesla CYBERTRUCK that was just released.

https://www.tesla.com/cybertruck

On the road in HK, it's not too big, but parking will definitely get even more challenging.

Thoughts? Anyone thinking of getting one to HK?

very extrovert in a bad way, but it may have it fans.

jgl likes this.

there is a meme which takes the piss of it's design comparing cybertruck with ps1 lara croft low polygon/lofi visuals to the cyber truck

https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1647680-cybertruck

CharSiuNow likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MASTER-OF-HK:
    On the road in HK, it's not too big, but parking will definitely get even more challenging.
    You will be able to park it in the same places you can park a Ford F-150 in HK (almost nowhere).

Original Post Deleted
    Yeah, I was wondering if I'm the only one who thinks it's very very ugly. It looks like very lazy design to me, like they hurried Musk's first sketch out the door after all the actual designers died laughing.

I get that it's supposed to be futuristic, but in such a 70s way that it actually looks old-fashioned to me. When I saw my first Tesla I thought it looked great (and then I saw the interior); this is just incredibly meh.

Disclaimer: I know very well I have absolutely no taste, and I often just have to get used to certain ideas before starting to like them. So me not liking it probably means this is the new look of the future. But to me this just looks like a DeLorean with size issues.

I know it looks, well, different to say the least. But hey, it's a tank. My initial reaction was, no way, that's horrible. But it has already grown on me.

But of course, parking a standard Tesla is already difficult many places.

Hmmm....

Original Post Deleted
    pedestrian impact tests, probably slice people in half!

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    there is a meme which takes the piss of it's design comparing cybertruck with ps1 lara croft low polygon/lofi visuals to the cyber truck

https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/1647680-cybertruck
    I may wait for the ps4 version in that case
    imparanoic and timonoj like this.

It's good to be different. The thing is a tank. Don't be surprised to see one on the HK roads! Just have to park on top of other cars probably.

chuckster007 likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    I believe there's a collision design requirement for cars to toss pedestrians up onto the hood of the car, rather than crushing them underneath. I guess that 'trucks' get away with not having to conform to this.
    imparanoic and MatthieuTofu like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast