Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By jrkob
  • 1 Post By mrgoodkat

Looking for a good garage for a used car inspection?

Looking for a good garage for a used car inspection?

hi,

i'm planning to purchase a Benz GLA 250 2014 and looking for a good garage for inspection.

Any suggestion?

NT , KLN, HK are all fine.

Was told HKMI and HKAA do a below avg job. Apparently, they don't check underneath the car because they don't have a garage to lift it up and a few other things. So i was recommended to get it checked by a garage so they can inspect the car thoroughly. true?

Quote Originally Posted by quincylau
    Apparently, they don't check underneath the car because they don't have a garage to lift it up and a few other things. So i was recommended to get it checked by a garage so they can inspect the car thoroughly. true?
    No that's untrue as far as HKAA is concerned (I don't know about HKMI).
    When I sold my 911 the buyer requested an inspection - as his own cost - at an HKAA center. Was the one... somewhere on the Island, I think around CWB or NP.
    They did lift the car to check underneath.
    JAherbert and shri like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jrkob
    No that's untrue as far as HKAA is concerned (I don't know about HKMI).
    When I sold my 911 the buyer requested an inspection - as his own cost - at an HKAA center. Was the one... somewhere on the Island, I think around CWB or NP.
    They did lift the car to check underneath.
    HKAA does have lift
    it is also clear from their checklist, they put it on a lift and inspect underneath.

thanks. I called HKMI and they said they will come out to you to inspect but it has to be in a parking garage which it sounded dodgy. So i thought HKAA is the same.

Any other garage recommendation ?

I took my Volvo to HKAA in Causeway Bay for an inspection and they had a lift. It's in Causeway Bay near the Yacht Club/SPCA.

@quincylau - what part of town are you or the car in?

Quote Originally Posted by quincylau
    thanks. I called HKMI and they said they will come out to you to inspect but it has to be in a parking garage which it sounded dodgy. So i thought HKAA is the same.

Any other garage recommendation ?
    HKMI will do a complete inspection, they'll bring a lift kit to check the car underneath and will provide you with photos of the underside, suspension etc. They'll also measure paint thickness all around to see whether the car has been damaged and repainted.
    shri likes this.