Looking to borrow a speedboat (I have a Grade 2 licence in Hong Kong)

Looking to borrow a speedboat (I have a Grade 2 licence in Hong Kong)

Hello,

Can't find a better place for this post, so apologies. I hold a Grade 2 boat licence in HK, and am looking to start an informal arrangement with a speedboat owner looking to generate a little income from their boat.

I am an experienced boat owner and hold a licence in another country, too. I am looking for something simple (like a 150hp/200hp outboard, nothing fancy) just to do some exploration, perhaps once per month for half a day or so.

If you are interested, please contact me, or if you know of anyone who may want to participate in this, please could you pass on my request.

Thank you

I would not let any vehicle or vessel go to a stranger under an informal agreement!

When you put a formal agreement in place, you would then be required to have the operating licence endorsed for charter (requires a charter survey and insurance)

https://www.mardep.gov.hk/en/pub_ser...f/lvs_cop4.pdf

see Annex 1A Section 6

This is interesting information. I suppose I am looking for someone to lend me their vessel for pleasure purposes.

I have come across a company in HK that formally does rentals of jetskis for holders of Grade 2 licences. I wonder how this is handled, with regards to that clause.

I'd like to know too because I'd much prefer this than having the hassle of ownership and chartership is crazy expensive.
    Perhaps the law could be skirted by making you the owner during the duration with a temporary loan as deposit with buy-back.