TD vehicle license queues

Angry TD vehicle license queues

I had the misfortune of having my license expire on 28 Jan, and had even blocked out a few hours on the morning of the 29th to renew but of course TD was closed. Yes in hindsight I should have renewed months ago!

Just went by again today (they are operating 10am-3.30pm) and was greeted by the biggest queue I've ever seen densely packed in the main TD area and out of the door. I was told 4 hours wait among this germ soup and quickly got out of there.

The arcane paper based processes here are really going to bring HK's economy down further if this crisis continues.

I'll be driving regardless and will try again on Monday and arrive an hour before they open, but am at least notionally risking 3 months imprisonment in the meantime lol.

Does anyone know if the Kowloon or NT offices are generally less packed than Admiralty?

I think you can mail it in.

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    I think you can mail it in.
    That takes 2 weeks to process I think.

Seems the TD didn't change their system since 1955. You can fill the PDF form online, but can't process it online.

The queues aren't new either, I had that 3 weeks ago - the whole room was packed. Luckily I also need a driving license and that line was much shorter - and one counter had a sign that it accepts all applications. So after processing the drivers license I handed it the annual car registration - and he pointed to the end (or where he guessed the end was because it was round the corner far away) of the other line. And I pointed to the all application sign. With a grunt he accepted and I was out in 30 Minutes.

if it's your hk driving licence expired , i find HK the best place for renewal (convenience and effiiciency), my driving licence expired during summer 2017 after 10 years, booked online at 9am 2 days priorand filled in the main details, queued at 8.45am at admirity dept of transport, opened at 9am, first one there, special queue for online booking, pass over the documents, at 9.02am, by 9.05am, paid the fee and picked the renewal card. so impressed with 3 minutes processing time.

Renewed car license on Monday. Started queing at 9:00 out by 12:00.

You could get an e-Cert and do it online.

Useful to know... I need to renew ours in the next week or so (just passed MOT yesterday!)