Like Tree10Likes

Bicycle violations

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I live in the New Territories and it is not unusual to see cyclists on the road dressed in dark clothes with no lights- at dawn, dusk or in the dark. They can be all but invisible at times.

Idiots.

A big knowledge gap exist between cyclists and drivers here. I would think many cyclists are not drivers and the majority of drivers have never cycled on the road. The cyclists encourage cars to pass, do not maintain a steady line, over-exert themselves on hills and drift etc. Drivers pass too close and do not seem to view slowing down as the primary option when approaching an obstacle (cyclist) in the road. They buzz past the cyclists or even more worryingly swing into the approaching traffic in the opposite lane.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    jrkop said she crossed outside of the crossing, not against a red light. The link you provided uses the wrong definition for jaywalking. Jaywalking is the act of crossing a road outside of a crossing.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Jaywalking is the act of crossing a road outside of a crossing.
    Or crossing a crosswalk when a red "do not walk" signal is displayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Consi:
    So police is serious to apprehend cyclist this days
    the cops used to be out more often. i honestly wish they would bust more people with no helmuts, no lights, and dont signal.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman:
    the cops used to be out more often. i honestly wish they would bust more people with no helmuts, no lights, and dont signal.
    They could starts with the drivers then, many seem to think use of an indicator is optional.

One thing that always makes me laugh with pedestrian crossings with buttons. No ever seems to want to press one and people would happily stand around for minutes with empty traffic still waiting for red to turn green.

On the whole I find cyclists much better here than back in the UK where many seem to believe the rules of the road just don’t apply to them.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeByeEngland:
    They could starts with the drivers then, many seem to think use of an indicator is optional.

One thing that always makes me laugh with pedestrian crossings with buttons. No ever seems to want to press one and people would happily stand around for minutes with empty traffic still waiting for red to turn green.

On the whole I find cyclists much better here than back in the UK where many seem to believe the rules of the road just don’t apply to them.
    are you saying our police are crap

Quote Originally Posted by aquaman:
    are you saying our police are crap
    I’m saying if they’re going to focus on petty infringements then non signalling car drivers are a much bigger danger than a cyclist without lights or a jaywalker

Fined while cycling

Anyone experience this? Basically stopped just a foot after the cycling lane, which continues after the small road anyway. 5 useless pigs, were hiding around the corner to catch people. Apparently I have to wait for a summons letter...

Quote Originally Posted by Gavster:
    Anyone experience this? Basically stopped just a foot after the cycling lane, which continues after the small road anyway. 5 useless pigs, were hiding around the corner to catch people. Apparently I have to wait for a summons letter...
    Plead guilty and pay the fine.