Like Tree28Likes

Family cars that aren't visually bland?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Family cars that aren't visually bland?

Name:  IMG_5639.jpeg
Views: 446
Size:  290.2 KB

Any family cars that you like the look of?

Name:  m_r.jpg
Views: 432
Size:  36.8 KB

If the criteria for family car is 7 seats SUV, then Lincoln Navigator. If 4 seats are enough, then Aston Martin Rapide S.

Name:  2018-lincoln-navigator-2017-new-york-auto-show_100599903_h.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  488.8 KB
    Name:  2016_Aston_Martin_Rapide_S_V12_Automatic_6.0_Front.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  2.92 MB

You'll stay fitter and look sexier and your kids will likely find it more fun, too.
    mrgoodkat, hike, BCD and 8 others like this.

Original Post Deleted
    It's just so liberating. Keeps you healthier, no need for a license, no need for insurance, no stress about renewing permits/registration, no need to worry about very expensive, complicated accidents or repairs. (Granted you have a safe infrastructure to use.) You can repair yourself even. And it doesn't pollute.

Original Post Deleted
    The hill start function is industry leading.

the C4 tries to be different

Name:  Citroen-C4-2021-1-3.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  147.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    the C4 tries to be different

Name:  Citroen-C4-2021-1-3.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  147.9 KB
    Really?

Name:  1_310529_s.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  62.7 KB

Original Post Deleted
    Don't want to hijack the thread, but I'm guessing you're not speaking from first-hand experience. (The idea that bicycles are not safe is a bit of a peeve of mine.) You wouldn't believe what you can pack on a tricycle or bicycle, and yes, when we take international flights, we use one to take our luggage (granted to a taxi). Anyway... not really an argument I want to get into -- each their own perspective, but I do think giving it a try and being a little more open minded can lead to a lot of great surprises. I think many cities have been terribly designed, driven by the automobile industry. Overall, the result is an uglier, less-safe city and the dependency on expensive modes of transportation leads to segregation in society.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Really?

Name:  1_310529_s.jpg
Views: 319
Size:  62.7 KB
    no you're right. Same Same lah

Original Post Deleted
    Valid point, but technically you can just sign the summons and mail it back. No actual court attendance required.

20 years in Japan and Hong Kong without a car and I loved it. Now the last 6 months back in Australia with a car and I love that too . Pro's and con's to both lifestyles, but in the end need to be pragmatic and go with what works best in the surroundings you are in. I could never justify getting a car in Hong Kong no matter how much I missed driving.

Back on topic, BMW X series was my choice and I am a family of 4 with 2 teenagers. Was thinkng X3-X5 range in the beginning, but after looking around and test driving, went for the smaller, cheaper, more fuel efficient X1. For someone who is used to green minibuses and trains for the last 20 years, X1 is good enough for me.

Mazda CX, Audi Q5, a few others were on my short list. But @East_coast is right, they all look the bloody same. In the end my choice was based on what was available at the dealer that was a couple of years old (don't want to waste money on a brand new car but 2-3 years old is perfect) and how much they were prepared to negotiate.

Shame that Australian brands are dead now, when I left Australia 20 years ago, Holden was the best selling car, when I moved back this year they suddenlly close their operations. The whole world of family cars moved from sedan's to SUV's over the last 20 years but Holden struggled to adapt to this change was one reason for their downfall.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast