Like Tree17Likes

Any English-speaking tire repairing shop ?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by corner2020stone:
    Jillypots --- thx for your info

however, i live near Fanling rural area.....so really not easy finding one like kwong hong
    i'm living at NT as well, suffer nail-punctured from time to time.
    recently, i injected a sealant ( forgot the name ) to all my tires, which auto-repaired a puncture. a nice guy ( speaks English of course ) provides on-spot installation, i can find his contact if you're interested.
    corner2020stone likes this.

wheelman --- really ? it sounds helpful !
    how much indeed ?

my tires are 225/40R18, installation at Tsuen Wan area, $1600 for 4 tires, took about 30 min

Quote Originally Posted by wheelman:
    my tires are 225/40R18, installation at Tsuen Wan area, $1600 for 4 tires, took about 30 min
    What tires were these? Where exactly? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    A bit closer for you:

Man Kwong Battery
    29 Po Yick Street*
    Tai Po

Tel: 2656 1620‬
    (Ask for Alex)

They are a Bridgestone dealer, but can get any tyre needed.

*You will have to double park next to the Mini Bus queue, but don't worry the guys know the drill.

Quote Originally Posted by corner2020stone:
    thx EMX !
    The young man here spoke English well and was quite friendly, they didn't have exactly the tires I wanted but he pointed a few things out to look for when selecting them and then gave me directions to a mechanic.
    emx likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornmeal:
    What tires were these? Where exactly? Thanks!
    it is kind of sealant injected into my current tires, an UK product, which can auto-repair any puncture formed on the tire without making it flat, per the guy mentioned : "hence can ensure a safe journey even though you got a nail-punctured".
    as i know, the price depends on the tire size, so my 225/40R18 was billed $1600 for all 4 tires installation

Quote Originally Posted by wheelman:
    it is kind of sealant injected into my current tires, an UK product, which can auto-repair any puncture formed on the tire without making it flat, per the guy mentioned : "hence can ensure a safe journey even though you got a nail-punctured".
    as i know, the price depends on the tire size, so my 225/40R18 was billed $1600 for all 4 tires installation
    Yes but what were the make/ model of tires you got for that price? Price differences tend to be much larger between brands/ styles than size.

i'm using Michelin (forget what model), however the technician told me that "price depends on tire size" only, even semi-slick tires are suitable for installation.

i should have his name card somewhere, let me check and share it here.....u may check with him directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornmeal:
    Yes but what were the make/ model of tires you got for that price? Price differences tend to be much larger between brands/ styles than size.
    He did not get any tyres for that price, just his existing tyres filled with this stuff:

https://puncturesafe.hk/how-it-works/

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    He did not get any tyres for that price, just his existing tyres filled with this stuff:

https://puncturesafe.hk/how-it-works/
    Confused by the wording I suppose, "installation" vs. repaired.

In that case $1600 for a repair seems a hefty price