Like Tree17Likes

Any English-speaking tire repairing shop ?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Any English-speaking tire repairing shop ?

hi everybody,

any recommendation ?

Quote Originally Posted by corner2020stone:
    hi everybody,

any recommendation ?
    In Hong Kong?

https://www.hongkongautoservice.com/...-cost-so-much/

Not the shop you want but make sure you know what you are getting. If its the sidewall then replace the tire. Competent shop would not fix it.

new territories

Quote Originally Posted by corner2020stone:
    hi everybody,

any recommendation ?
    What do you need done that requires a conversation?
    Mr Chips likes this.

It’s best to call around for a few quotes.

Most shops will have someone that speaks a little English. You only need to give the tyre brand, size to get a quote.

Sometimes the tyres are from the official HK dealer, others are imported from SE Asia. Also if you’re buying expensive tyres, it might be good to check what year the tyres were made, as rubber has a tendency to degrade over time.

corner2020stone likes this.

such english-speaking shops can be found easier in HK Island, however after moving to New Territories months ago, i had a nail-punctured experience and went to a local tire shop. since that tire was punctured a few times in the past, i just want to know whether it still can be fixed or need changing a new one and any promotion at that time --- that guy really don't understand what i meant ! even though i used body-language expressing what i want, he still didn't know my questions !

come on people, its time to upgrade, download google translate to your phone, type what you want in English and choose Chinese (Traditional) and it will translate it, you show the shop keeper or press the play button and it will say the sentence out from the speakers.

U can even use camera to point at Chinese words and it will try to translate (not always correct but you will get the basic meanings)

RMDNC and drumbrake like this.

Corner2020stone - we use Kwong Hong Motor Works in Sai Kung. Tel: 2791 4949. They also service our car. Both the mechanics and the Receptionist speak excellent English. We have also found them to be fair and honest in their quotes.

Doubtless now someone will come on and say what an awful experience they had, so to be clear, I can talk about our own experience. But I’ve found them to be great.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast