Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By shri
  • 1 Post By chuckster007

Wrong license number on speeding ticket

Closed Thread

Wrong license number on speeding ticket

Got caught speeding the other day. The officer screwed up the license number of my car on the ticket. Is there any chance to dispute the ticket?

I've heard of cases where people don't have to pay for tickets where the officer incorrectly copied the license plate number of the car onto the ticket, but those cases were parking tickets only. For speeding tickets where the drivers' info is involved, is there any chance to dispute it?

By the way I have yet to receive a letter from the government informing me of the fine.

Wait till you get the summons.

emx and chuckster007 like this.

A friend of mine got out a speeding ticket because they spelled his last name incorrectly (one a on the ticket instead of aa on the license). I think he had to go to court but ended up getting it dismissed.

Best to pay for the ticket first to prevent it from doubling then try to make your complaint.

I received a ticket with the wrong plate number but there is two numbers on the ticket, one for your plate and one for the confirmation number of your paper license on the windshield. So they can still track you down. I ended up receiving a letter that the ticket was cancelled and probably had to apply for a refund from paying the ticket which takes a good 6+ months to get the cheque.

Dont pay anything 1st, wait for the payment letter to arrive then pay if you get it, if nothing arrives then its not your problem

shri likes this.