Like Tree37Likes

Who is at fault?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

This is exactly why a car cam is essential kit for driving in HK.

Guess the kid will look next time. Hope the driver is not in trouble.

Original Post Deleted
    If you think that parents can control all the actions of their kids by the way they raise them, if wish you the best of luck if you have kids. If there is one guarantee in life, it's that kids will get in trouble and screw up sometimes. Hopefully, they survive it and learn from their mistakes the best way there is... experience.

There is no way the driver gets in any trouble with this footage. There is a light at that crosswalk and it's green. If there were no traffic light, it could be more problematic.

I saw that video earlier, the mother giving shit to the driver who was still in shock even though the driver was NOT AT FAULT

Car Cams is a MUST, front and back facing, dont skimp money by not getting one installed, In this case the mother would probably day the driver hit her kid as he was speeding and ran a light, it would have been the mothers words against the driver and he would have to find every way to prove his innocence and spend probably a lot of $$$ (lawyers).

I see many parents nowadays eyes glued to their mobile phones instead of kids, blows my mind, child kidnapping rings could make a fortune in HK

Natfixit, emx, Coolboy and 3 others like this.

Dude's reaction time is shit for low speed it appears he's traveling at. Almost looks like he expected the mother was going to snag the kid and he could go about his merry way.

Also a tone deaf mofo. First thing he does is point out the light is green is his favour FFS.

Saw a few people slowly jaywalking ahead of me in the dark early this evening staring at cell phones, if I continued at the speed limit it could've been close.

Last edited by Cornmeal; 16-12-2020 at 11:34 PM.
    Natfixit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    Guess the kid will look next time. Hope the driver is not in trouble.
    I would hope so , too. Looking further at the dash cam, 20 km per hour would have been well more than enough to have to stop without knocking anyone over but kids being kids, don't think of anyone else when it comes to traffic rules. In primary, it was drummed into us almost every day about looking left, right, left again before crossing the road. The driver had NO chance of being able to stop in time from the footage, and thankfully given the low speed the driver was doing, the kid would have had no serious injuries. Just one helluva angry, but equally ignorant mother. Either of them looked for oncoming traffic, and she had no physical control ( as in holding the child's hand) over the boy's actions. I see this in other countries, and especially in my current residing country of Sweden where they ride bikes with no helmet, looking only at their phone and just veer out onto the road.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    I saw that video earlier, the mother giving shit to the driver who was still in shock even though the driver was NOT AT FAULT

Car Cams is a MUST, front and back facing, dont skimp money by not getting one installed, In this case the mother would probably day the driver hit her kid as he was speeding and ran a light, it would have been the mothers words against the driver and he would have to find every way to prove his innocence and spend probably a lot of $$$ (lawyers).

I see many parents nowadays eyes glued to their mobile phones instead of kids, blows my mind, child kidnapping rings could make a fortune in HK
    Still happens. the child kidnapping rings....

Look’s like he had a narrow escape. Maybe there was an angel watching over him. Hope he’s fine and recovers. It’s a life lesson learnt for both mother and child.

Great advice from the 70’s, from the recently deceased Darth Vader aka The Green Cross Man...RIP

Stop....Look....Listen

https://youtu.be/CRUBMBi_lp4

Still relevant, even in 2020 and beyond...

Last edited by ArrynField; 17-12-2020 at 02:38 AM.
    ByeByeEngland likes this.

The only thing the driver did wrong was post the video for Internet points.

The child and mother will have had enough of a lesson without being publicly vilified.

Original Post Deleted
    There are people who still use Facebook??? I think they are at fault lol
    hongkong7 likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast