Like Tree109Likes

Guilty until proven innocent

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    I guess you don't have 'no accident in writing?
    Nope. Police that came to the scene said they see no accident or damages. Took our statements and I signed on their little notepad.

They did not issue any formal documents to me.

Sympathies, sounds like you crossed paths with a twat that day .
    And some cop who lacks the balls or common sense to tell the twat to just drop it

To paint the picture clearer of the twat:

- Born in 1971 (I saw on his HKID)

- Somewhat mentally deranged (I honestly believe)

- Most distinct facial feature - giant mole in the middle of his forehead (like Nancy Sit ka yin lol).

calmathetic9 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    Just to clarify, I dont know which department this is lol. I cant recall which unit specifically. It is an escalated case since the traffic cops have concluded "no accident".
    You should have some reference numbers / investigation unit numbers or some identifying information on the documents you've received.
    Morrison likes this.

Agreed the twat is pressuring the police to do something.

I used whatsapp to share the car cam videos and my pictures/videos I took of the vehicles. And I used whatsapp when I didnt want to answer his calls.

I know he is trying to gather more and try to build a case against me. Hence I refused a statement. Even if I went in for a statement, all queries I will answer with "remain silent".

But I am curious how far are the cops will to go for a ridiculous case like this? It is a waste of my time to go to court over a blank accusation.

I wonder if I filed a complaint to the police "mr. Li Ka shing molested me, please ask him for a statement" would the police have the balls to actually invite Mr.Li to the police station lol.
    How far the cops will go depends on how hard they are pushed. I know someone who was pursed for 18 months over a trumped up assault charge - The complainant was in fact mentally derranged and fabricating his account.

The legal position he took (with the help of his lawyers) was 'shut the fuck up friday'. Eventually the investigating was shelved for lack of evidence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTurSi0LhJs

Nope. Police that came to the scene said they see no accident or damages. Took our statements and I signed on their little notepad.

They did not issue any formal documents to me.
    Get a formal copy of whatever you “signed “ from the Police.
    shri likes this.

I never sign - ever. You cannot be compelled to sign. A sergeant or higher rank may counter sign an addendum noting your refusal to sign.

Your duty - identify your ID details, address, vehicle and that of the owner/driver if not the same.

shri, VillanElle and spode like this.

Do you have the badge number / name / rank of the officer asking you for information on Whatsapp?

That should also give you a clue as to which department / station is handling your case.

cihk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Do you have the badge number / name / rank of the officer asking you for information on Whatsapp?

That should also give you a clue as to which department / station is handling your case.
    Yea I will ask for this when they get back to me again. I ignored most of these things because there was NO Accident lol. Who would have thought this case would drag on for 3+ months. I didnt take this seriously until now because I am annoyed to the point I want to file my own complaint against this officer.

I guess it is "the more than my job is worth" process, one step is taking statement, logically they will pursue OP (forever) until they get that statement, before they can move to next step..... perhaps it is a lost opportunity to record and reiterate that attending police officer found no evidence of accident?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast