Like Tree7Likes

export of car from HK to UK

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    My mate moved back to the UK last year and took his Maserati and Lambretta back with him, let me ask him how much it cost to ship it back.

Will update later!!!
    Container costs are significantly up this year...
    chuckster007 likes this.

Shipping rates for the UK have more we than quadrupled at certain times of this year. Those have come down again but GPB4000 is around the right cost. Just sent 6 this past month to the UK. There are no R-Raks or RoRo options right now. As for the car, the Elysion isn’t a popular car here (and not an official Honda HK model) and it’s very difficult to even get parts. If you really wanted to go ahead then make contact with someone like Chris Goodey who is a mobile mechanic and can perform an individual inspection for you. He has a Facebook page On The Road Mobile Mechanic and his number is +852 9455 9630

TheBrit, chuckster007 and scoobydo like this.

Thanks everyone seems like it is going to cost prohibitive with the shipping costs being so high as there willl also be vat and import duty to add. If it had been around the 1000 mark then with the suggested contacts I think with had been viable. Will keep you all updated.

Hi all have tried to use google translate on an auction sheet but it struggles a bit. Anyone on here can do a quick translation of a sheet for me for a vehicle that went through the japanese auctions please?