Like Tree67Likes

Tesla Model 3/Y - 2021 Deliveries / 1 for 1 Replacement Options

Reply
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
  1. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by ali_ster:
    I was in touch with YHH scrap company which was very professional in their communication unlike the 3 others I contacted.
    You are lucky then. No reply in 3 days. If not interested they can write that too, that would be professional.

    In the meantime I got an offer from Tesla directly, a rather moderately high 3-figure offer!


    Quote Originally Posted by ali_ster:
    Latest news from my Tesla rep - Not enough cars in the latest shipment to get a VIN match for my Model 3 SR+, next window of opportunity is Q1-2 2022.. Could it be that the white seat option messed up my chance?
    @happy_camper looks like you got a lucky break there
    Mine is the basic vanilla model 3 with zero added option. I think that makes a difference.

    There is also a price increase coming soon.


    Name:  Screenshot 2021-11-17 16.38.29.png
Views: 122
Size:  62.4 KB
    Last edited by happy_camper; 17-11-2021 at 04:40 PM.
    ali_ster, chobochobo and emx like this.

  2. #112
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_camper:
    You are lucky then. No reply in 3 days. If not interested they can write that too, that would be professional.
    Yes, strange.. How much do you think your car is worth?

  3. #113
    Quote Originally Posted by ali_ster:
    Yes, strange.. How much do you think your car is worth?
    In the meantime I got an offer from then and consider. Slightly higher than Tesla, but I think Tesla might be easier, go to their parking place and leave the car there.
    emx and ali_ster like this.

  4. #114

    Keep in mind the Tesla offer is still subject to inspection, so they may find some small thing and low ball you once you have no choice - not sure if anyone who has experience with this can indicate how this works in detail


  5. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by ali_ster:
    Keep in mind the Tesla offer is still subject to inspection, so they may find some small thing and low ball you once you have no choice - not sure if anyone who has experience with this can indicate how this works in detail
    I am not aware of this. My car has some minor issues, wireless key lock not working for some years, tricky to get into R, front wheel bearing expired.

  6. #116

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    40,376
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_camper:
    I am not aware of this. My car has some minor issues, wireless key lock not working for some years, tricky to get into R, front wheel bearing expired.
    None of this should really matter as the car is being scrapped.. The main value for the scrapyard might be spare parts I assume? Value would be far less than what a sale for use would be.
    emx likes this.

  7. #117

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6,026
    Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    None of this should really matter as the car is being scrapped.. The main value for the scrapyard might be spare parts I assume? Value would be far less than what a sale for use would be.
    Exactly, it is not like the scrap yard can resell the car.

  8. #118

    I am car-less now and so far Tesla didn't came back to me with any remain value adjustments. So I guess need to wait 2-3 weeks now till the "3" arrives.

    Just some pictures of the (maybe coming) 3.5 model, would really have preferred that. Really prefer 5 doors. Too late.

    One question, I saw some Tesla with cameras - don't that have all around cameras for recording anyway? What's the point of adding a camera then?

    https://insideevs.com/news/550238/te...del-3-5-wagon/


  9. #119

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    ???
    Posts
    40,376
    Just some pictures of the (maybe coming) 3.5 model, would really have preferred that. Really prefer 5 doors. Too late.
    Really doubt they'll introduce this when they have the Y ... AND a huge backlog for the truck.

    The only new thing I can think of would be the 2... 2SEXY ...

    No clue about the cameras. I guess people want some sort of higher res imagery of their journeys or a different angle?

    On a side note, I wish the Tesla had a 360 display mode. I have to very frequently keep an eye out on the tablet to judge the front edge distance and the drivers side mirror to judge the rear from walls when making sharp turns in the car park.

  10. #120

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ex Sai Kunger
    Posts
    8,005
    Quote Originally Posted by happy_camper:
    I am car-less now and so far Tesla didn't came back to me with any remain value adjustments. So I guess need to wait 2-3 weeks now till the "3" arrives.

    Just some pictures of the (maybe coming) 3.5 model, would really have preferred that. Really prefer 5 doors. Too late.

    One question, I saw some Tesla with cameras - don't that have all around cameras for recording anyway? What's the point of adding a camera then?

    https://insideevs.com/news/550238/te...del-3-5-wagon/
    This is exactly what I want, a Model 3.5 wagon ! If they produce a Model 3.5 AWD Signature Performance station wagon, I will place my order for one in metallic black with sunroof. mmm yes please!

Reply
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast