Like Tree91Likes

Tesla Model 3/Y - 2021 Deliveries / 1 for 1 Replacement Options

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Does anyone know if you need to pick up at a fixed location in Kowloon Bay or if they offer pickups at various locations for new Ys.
    The delivery centre is in Tsing Yi in the past (for the Model 3 at least).

But they may have another location for the Y because of the demand.
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by m2a6c:
    - can look to swap a car with someone looking to 'upgrade' that also has a qualified car AND buy quota (on Carousell?)
    * note tho that the new car will have you as 'owner 1' instead of '0' - so not sure why that is, but seems to be part of the deal as I think they need to register the car owner you swapped out your old car with as the original owner
    "not sure why that is" .... well technically to be eligible you must have been owner of the to-be-scrapped car for 18+ months. All these quotas for sale online are just exploiting a loophole: so technically someone else is buying your new car, then transferring to you. Unfortunately that makes "previous owners = 1" right off the bat. Keep in mind this will affect your resale value.

Unfortunately that makes "previous owners = 1" right off the bat. Keep in mind this will affect your resale value.
    I would have thought that since the market is aware of these shenanigans it would not matter much.. besides the car was bought at a bit of a discount...
    Giggsy likes this.

I would have thought that since the market is aware of these shenanigans it would not matter much.. besides the car was bought at a bit of a discount...
    Hmm actually that's not a bad idea....

I'm hanging onto what will become my (not that old) second car, with intent to possibly scrap and exchange for an EV... but perhaps it makes more financial sense to sell it while it has value, then buy a crappy $10K Toyota from a willing "shenanigan" participant.

The previous owners = 1 might still be worth the savings...

Did any of you order or get delivery dates firmed up for Sept deliveries?

Chatting with one of the sales guys today..

Each sales person has sold an average of 300 cars and the top one in HK is at 500 cars.

If you order now the delivery will be around December.

They have a few pre configured 3s in stock.

Last edited by shri; 14-09-2021 at 06:07 PM.
    emx likes this.

Chatting with one of the sales guys today..

Each sales person has sold an average of 300 cars and the top one in HK is at 500 cars.

If you order now the delivery will be around December.

They have a few pre configured 3s in stock.
    Was contacted by the delivery rep. from Tesla and while they still haven't committed on a firm date, but they estimate that delivery of the long range model Y will be towards the end of the year.

They were also able to provide me with an "agent" to help me handle the one for one replacement scheme. I.e. someone who has a quota.
    Last edited by Giggsy; 18-09-2021 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Giggsy:
    They were also able to provide me with an "agent" to help me handle the one for one replacement scheme. I.e. someone who has a quota.
    How much do Tesla charge for the paperwork & securing someone's quota?

Quote Originally Posted by tparker:
    How much do Tesla charge for the paperwork & securing someone's quota?
    $1200 paperwork

The quota car price is on top of that, which can vary depending on lead time.

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    $1200 paperwork

The quota car price is on top of that, which can vary depending on lead time.
    Ah. Good to know.

Mini quoted me $20,000 to "take care of it all"... so nice to have a comparison.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast