Like Tree102Likes

Tesla Model 3/Y - 2021 Deliveries / 1 for 1 Replacement Options

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast

I've been very pleasantly surprised that you can get a new 3 for 300k, but before I go look at one can anyone tell me if i) it has a better rear seat arrangement for adults than the godawful model S (where your knees end up at eye level and your head touches the roof unless you're a very little person)? Or is it even worse given the smaller car overall? And does a model Y's extra height get used to good effect to correct for this silly “feature” in the non SUV cars? (Why oh why wouldn't they put a little gap in the battery array and make a cutout for feet!?)

Tesla owners seem to have apple fan boy levels of denial that this is even a thing on all the forums I've looked at but it definitely is...

Name:  IMG_9980.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  511.5 KB

They have conveniently placed showrooms across HK with 3s and Ys that you can even test drive, I recommend you start there to get a first hand experience

emx likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaky:
    And does a model Y's extra height get used to good effect to correct for this silly “feature” in the non SUV cars? (Why oh why wouldn't they put a little gap in the battery array and make a cutout for feet!?)
    no fanboy - but definitely the Y has a 'normal' back seat! only thing i probably would have asked for is more recline. it has a little bit (as opposed to none on the 3) but more would be nice. otherwise, i'd say it's very roomy and no real issues on head space (i'm about 175 so not the tallest!).

I've been very pleasantly surprised that you can get a new 3 for 300k, but before I go look at one can anyone tell me if i) it has a better rear seat arrangement for adults than the godawful model S (where your knees end up at eye level and your head touches the roof unless you're a very little person)? Or is it even worse given the smaller car overall? And does a model Y's extra height get used to good effect to correct for this silly “feature” in the non SUV cars? (Why oh why wouldn't they put a little gap in the battery array and make a cutout for feet!?)

Tesla owners seem to have apple fan boy levels of denial that this is even a thing on all the forums I've looked at but it definitely is...
    Go to Emax or K11 and actually sit in a Model Y or 3.

The seats are way better than the bench in the back of the old Model S.

Good news, thanks all. I'll be off to the showroom later this week... and then probably taking delivery just as we hit the point where there are so many EVs that there's nowhere to charge

I never considered a Tesla but did think about other EVs with the 1for1. Finally gave up when I couldn't get a home charger fitted. I'll be getting another ICE car.

Good news, thanks all. I'll be off to the showroom later this week... and then probably taking delivery just as we hit the point where there are so many EVs that there's nowhere to charge
    I think Wanchai has all the models available for test drives.

Not a fan boy .. they still have several things that trigger me, but for us it was a simple cost and availability equation. Considered the Volvo and the Hyundai - Volvo was a bit out of budget and delivery schedules not on our timetable, which needed to be synced with our registration expiring.

And the ease of buying the Tesla was brilliant ... overnight on a weekend, booking without any drama of dealing with sales people and showrooms @ $1000.

Hyundai got a damning review from many pro-grade reviewers (not youtubers) because it just seemed like an old fashioned retrofit of an electric engine on a ICE design. Their service policy is also shit ...

If you're in the sub 400K budget and need something ... go through the process and see what you can buy for your needs.

Also - Y does have very decent seating and legroom. No complaints here.

Now, if Elon would STFU and let the stock price drift to $1500..
    emx and ali_ster like this.

Hey Tesla buyers, anybody got updates on the latest shipments? Anyone got a VIN match recently?

Quote Originally Posted by ali_ster:
    Hey Tesla buyers, anybody got updates on the latest shipments? Anyone got a VIN match recently?
    When did you order your Model Y?

They have usually had 2 shipments per month into HK, with them delivering 180-200 cars per day at the moment.

As mentioned before delivery really depends on colour and options you have chosen.

Have heard from friends that some Long Range Model Ys will be delivered early/mid next month.

You usually get your VIN once your car has arrived into HK and you have paid the 30K.

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    When did you order your Model Y?

They have usually had 2 shipments per month into HK, with them delivering 180-200 cars per day at the moment.

As mentioned before delivery really depends on colour and options you have chosen.

Have heard from friends that some Long Range Model Ys will be delivered early/mid next month.

You usually get your VIN once your car has arrived into HK and you have paid the 30K.
    It was a model 3 actually and the order went in about 3 weeks ago - too soon to ask?

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast