Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By emx
  • 2 Post By mrgoodkat

Motorcycle Rental

Closed Thread

Motorcycle Rental

I noticed on other forum boards people asking if there are any companies in HK doing motorcycle rentals. I have seen inquiries for motorcycle rental going way back 15 years but conclusion is there are no businesses like that in HK.

I am curious if anyone has any insight on why there is no one taking the opportunity to be the only motorcycle rental business. I am personally, quite keen on exploring the feasibility and potential on this untapped opportunity. Are there legal/insurance complications why this type of business cannot be operated? I assume obtaining motorcycle insurance for rental bikes may be more difficult. This particular business has its headaches, but many other countries have been operating like this for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    I assume obtaining motorcycle insurance for rental bikes may be more difficult.
    That and the need for a motorcycle license.
    shri likes this.

People here can hardly drive cars.

blandy62 and SingSangSong like this.

Me and my friends have motorcycle(s) and I do see the demand for weekend rentals and motorcycle storage (long term). I dont see how this is too different from other countries/cities. The demand may be different, but the operating constraints shouldnt be different here.

Generally if you have been through the hassle of getting a motorcycle license here, then good chance you already have your own motorcycle here.

I tend to see more motorcycle rentals in places that also attracts a lot of tourists that would support such a service. I personally would be up for an occasional rental every now and then since MY boss won't let me buy one .......

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccio-stronzo:
    I tend to see more motorcycle rentals in places that also attracts a lot of tourists that would support such a service. I personally would be up for an occasional rental every now and then since MY boss won't let me buy one .......
    Can I mark you down as customer?

I actually hear this a lot in hk. The wife/family wont allow he/she to own a bike. I would assume rental "okay".

Sure, you can count me in ..... that's what happens when you screwed up and let the ' "behavior modification" gets out of hand......
    anyway, you get the picture.