Like Tree40Likes

Tesla Model Y/3: Tips for Owners / HK Specific Info

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Spotted on my interwebs.. Model Y recall in China

Tesla will recall more than 20,000 of its bestselling made-in-China Model Y sport-utility vehicles (SUVs) to fix a steering issue. The US electric vehicle (EV) giant will recall 21,599 Model Ys produced in Shanghai between February 4 and October 30, or almost one in every four SUVs assembled in the first 10 months of the year, according to a statement by the State Administration for Market Regulation (SAMR).

It needs to fix a faulty steering knuckle, which may break under extreme conditions and cause the vehicle to lose control.

https://www.tesla.com/en_HK/support/...recall-service

Meanwhile my "3" will be ready for pickup next week.

Are there any guideline what to check? And do I need a SD card for recording while driving? Or can a external USB HDD do (I have a few around). For SD, what size is suggested?

Quote Originally Posted by happy_camper:

Are there any guideline what to check? And do I need a SD card for recording while driving? Or can a external USB HDD do (I have a few around). For SD, what size is suggested?
    I think they all come equipped with a Tesla branded USB stick which is in the glove compartment.
    happy_camper and emx like this.

And do I need a SD card for recording while driving? Or can a external USB HDD do (I have a few around). For SD, what size is suggested?
    64GB Tesla supplied USB stick in the glovebox.

You can tweak what the car records and not, entirely up to you.

Are there any guideline what to check?
    Not much to check for these days, but have a walk around the car, open and close all the doors, trunk, frunk and make sure the number plates are fitted and correct.

Also if any of the protective plastic is still on the seats, get the staff to remove it before you drive away.
    happy_camper likes this.

Lucky you! Enjoy your first ride, and let us know how it went.

I saw people complaining about inconsistent panel gaps and door alignments, but apparently it got much better with the Shanghai factory according to the sales rep, and other accounts.

Quote Originally Posted by ali_ster:
    I saw people complaining about inconsistent panel gaps and door alignments, but apparently it got much better with the Shanghai factory according to the sales rep, and other accounts.
    Yes, quality is vastly improved with the stuff made at Giga Shanghai.

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    64GB Tesla supplied USB stick in the glovebox.
    This where 'the ol' days', now it's 128Gb

All went smooth yesterday. No problems detected.

The video thing I haven't really worked out out. I understand "Sentry" is when you park the car (and it uses roughly 2Km/hour), clear, but how long does it store/record when driving?

Other than that, quite a pleasant experience. I will start looking for some "improvements", like a carpet for the front trunk, that's just cheap looking plastic.
    shri likes this.

Correct me if I am wrong - but the Sentry mode uses a bit more of the battery when its on? We have it turned off. Have survived a couple of decades without it and see no reason to have it on.

Good idea? Or do you folks have it on?

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast