Like Tree17Likes

How many km does your car travel in a year?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by rs4:
    I also looked into Honda Stepwagon and the crossroad.

to be honest, Im getting OcD when I ever I drive my car out. People just dont know how to drive here whether on the street or in parking spots. My car got scuffs and scratches from just sitting there..

so in that case I wouldnt feel bad when a Prius Hybrid get some damage.

The F30 is a nice car. Im keeping an eye out on the 328i.
    im sure you didnt buy the bmw for good gas mileage

but maybe too nice for the roads here.

ideally I’d get a e91 330i.

Tourings are pretty nice and practical. They are just rare here.
    The stepwgn I would strongly recommend. It has a 1.5 litre VTEC turbo engine that is fuel efficient yet gives you enough power to do most kind of daily driving in HK. And it has a special "waku waku" gate at the back, which is essentially a "door within a door" at the back. If you don't want to lift the whole back door, you could just used that "waku" small door. The back row you can also just live up manually, which is good, because electronic automatic controls can break down over time. But using your own manual power solves that problem. As a MPV of course it does not handle as well as a sedan, coupe or roadster. But the Stepwgn's chassis is based on the civic, the sporty little sedan and hatchback that Honda used to sell in HK, so it drives alright for a MPV. Not sporty by any means because of its tall height, but it is more responsive than other comparable MPVs and vans, I would select it over the rival Toyota Noah and Nissan Serena.

P.S-As for minor dings and scratches, thats pretty much unavoidable if you plan to drive often and keep your car for the long-term (at least a few years).
    Last edited by Coolboy; 25-10-2021 at 05:57 PM.

10 years, only 25k

My legs walk around 6,500km per year (I'm quite proud of that ) - My other phone is dead at the moment. I think I'm tracking above that. I'll charge it up and check

the noah and serena are nice luxury mpv but maybe too nice for me. It’s gonna be a daily that I wouldnt bad getting in fender bender etc.

just people dont know how to drive and just hit and run.

I might even consider used honda stream. Looking to find something compact and spacious if that’s eveb possible

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    The stepwgn I would strongly recommend. It has a 1.5 litre VTEC turbo engine that is fuel efficient yet gives you enough power to do most kind of daily driving in HK. And it has a special "waku waku" gate at the back, which is essentially a "door within a door" at the back. If you don't want to lift the whole back door, you could just used that "waku" small door. The back row you can also just live up manually, which is good, because electronic automatic controls can break down over time. But using your own manual power solves that problem. As a MPV of course it does not handle as well as a sedan, coupe or roadster. But the Stepwgn's chassis is based on the civic, the sporty little sedan and hatchback that Honda used to sell in HK, so it drives alright for a MPV. Not sporty by any means because of its tall height, but it is more responsive than other comparable MPVs and vans, I would select it over the rival Toyota Noah and Nissan Serena.

P.S-As for minor dings and scratches, thats pretty much unavoidable if you plan to drive often and keep your car for the long-term (at least a few years).

the noah and serena are nice luxury mpv but maybe too nice for me. It’s gonna be a daily that I wouldnt bad getting in fender bender etc.

just people dont know how to drive and just hit and run.

I might even consider used honda stream. Looking to find something compact and spacious if that’s eveb possible
    I had a banger (hail damaged) car back in Canada. I loved driving that thing because it felt so liberating to not care what happens to it.

i miss the spacious road in North America.

here it’s a nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    I had a banger (hail damaged) car back in Canada. I loved driving that thing because it felt so liberating to not care what happens to it.

i miss the spacious road in North America.

here it’s a nightmare
    The expressways in HK are alright for the most part. It's the regular roads which can be an issue. Some are poorly paved with lots of potholes.

The worst thing about HK is the traffic. It is definitely getting worse. It seems more people are driving now than pre pandemic. Not to mention people cant travel during weekends/holidays, they end up driving to a local destination.

The Sat/Sun traffic is noticeably worse than before. The civil infrastructure has been bottlenecked for years and no drastic improvements are planned.

nj

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    The expressways in HK are alright for the most part. It's the regular roads which can be an issue. Some are poorly paved with lots of potholes.

When you wanted to drive somewhere on the weekends and everywhere is packed

Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    The worst thing about HK is the traffic. It is definitely getting worse. It seems more people are driving now than pre pandemic. Not to mention people cant travel during weekends/holidays, they end up driving to a local destination.

The Sat/Sun traffic is noticeably worse than before. The civil infrastructure has been bottlenecked for years and no drastic improvements are planned.