Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ArrynField
  • 1 Post By shri

Tesla Panel Alignment Issues & Remedies

Closed Thread

Tesla Panel Alignment Issues & Remedies

If after the third attempt, Tesla can’t fix the poor panel alignment, the Tesla Rep will inform you that you are buying technology and not a vehicle with industry standard panel alignment as offered by Toyota, Mazda, Ford, BMW, Mercedes.

Quote Originally Posted by ArrynField:
    If after the third attempt, Tesla can’t fix the poor panel alignment, the Tesla Rep will inform you that you are buying technology and not a vehicle with industry standard panel alignment as offered by Toyota, Mazda, Ford, BMW, Mercedes.
    What panel alignment issues? Is this from some rando blog or from Tesla HK?

Source please...

I and my neighbours own Model S and X, all suffer from poor panel alignment, which Tesla can’t rectify.

Consistency and Quality Control is not as high, compared to Japanese and European brands.

Last edited by ArrynField; 16-12-2021 at 12:42 PM.

All the Teslas I have been in have poor quality interior pieces. The panels design looks okay but the material is flimsy and fitting is definitely not up to Mercedes standards. You can also hear rattling panels from all areas of the car (surround sound rattling).

But I would still pick Tesla over other electric cars.

Quote Originally Posted by ArrynField:
    I and my neighbours own Model S and X, all suffer from poor panel alignment, which Tesla can’t rectify.

Consistency and Quality Control is not as high, compared to Japanese and European brands.
    Those are the Fremont builds - China and newer builds are pretty good and have not heard of any alignment issues with the MiC 3/Ys being delivered in HK. Surprised you own a S ... thought you were quite against Tesla.
    emx likes this.

It was problematic on the gull wing doors, as they were always moving. However even fixed panels were poorly aligned. Nonetheless, if you can live with these minor flaws, it’s still great to drive.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Those are the Fremont builds - China and newer builds are pretty good and have not heard of any alignment issues with the MiC 3/Ys being delivered in HK. Surprised you own a S ... thought you were quite against Tesla.
    shri likes this.