Like Tree12Likes

Getting a new Mazda or preowned Merc?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    I have an A5 Quattro. I am definitely not a huge fan.

I did hear about the upcoming rear wheel version of the Mazda 6. It sounds like something I like. However, cant really hold my breath for it...

Alternatively, I think getting a 2018 mazda 6 is a steal of a deal. Under 140k I can get on in almost perfect condition.. Maybe drive it for 2 years and trade up for the new rwd version haha
    Of course the best Mazda in terms of driving satisfaction is the Miata. That little roadster proves you don't need 700 horsepower to have a fun car. But being only a 2 seater obviously its not so practical for daily commuting. But failing that a Mazda sedan will give you daily convenience while also being able to offer you a little joy on the weekends.

MOT $585 plus the time wasted each year getting it done.

Quote Originally Posted by redslert:
    MOT $585 plus the time wasted each year getting it done.
    I used a mechanic shop that does all the dirty work for you. They will do the oil change servicing and then take the car to MOT. Usually they guarantee a pass if its done through them.

The cost of this service is under 2k. Which in my view, a great deal and saves a lot of time. Essentially I am only paying an extra 400-500 to save me a lot of time and annoyance.

But of course, newer car would mitigate this extra work and cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    Of course the best Mazda in terms of driving satisfaction is the Miata. That little roadster proves you don't need 700 horsepower to have a fun car. But being only a 2 seater obviously its not so practical for daily commuting. But failing that a Mazda sedan will give you daily convenience while also being able to offer you a little joy on the weekends.
    I really wanted a Miata back in Uni. But now, it seems like an impractical toy.

I really feel a car reflects the life stages of a person. Back in Highschool and Uni was always ricey / sports cars. Now I am into practicality and reliability. I dont even even speed anymore. I drive like a granny because I dont want to fund the police force anymore (lots of speeding and parking tickets before).
    Coolboy and rs4 like this.

I really wanted a Miata back in Uni. But now, it seems like an impractical toy.

I really feel a car reflects the life stages of a person. Back in Highschool and Uni was always ricey / sports cars. Now I am into practicality and reliability. I dont even even speed anymore. I drive like a granny because I dont want to fund the police force anymore (lots of speeding and parking tickets before).
    Well...you can always have a Miata as your second car for weekend fun. Use your "main" family car for commuting and buying groceries. Of course, thats only if you can afford two cars in HK.

Same! though I preferred the Honda S2000....but in the UK there was no way I could afford the insurance for either....so i had a little Ford Ka that came with 1 year free insurance! hahahah

Miata was already a stretch when I was a kid. So s2k was not even a consideration haha. I definitely prefer an s2k.
    @Coolboy having 2 cars in HK is the same as burning money. I had a motorcycle and car before. I had to get rid of the bike because it was just sitting there rusting up. It was a nuissance to upkeep haha. Like I said, my life stage needs practicality and reliability :P

I think when I hit the mid life crisis, I can get an s2k lol

Wait till you hit a mid life crisis moment..

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Wait till you hit a mid life crisis moment..
    What age is midlife crisis now? People live to 90-100 today, so midlife is 45-50?

lol....when I hit my mid-life crisis moment, i got a mini-van :-)