Like Tree12Likes

Getting a new Mazda or preowned Merc?

Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. #21

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    911
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiojiri Hiro:
    lol....when I hit my mid-life crisis moment, i got a mini-van :-)
    I thought midlife crisis was doing irrationale things lol

    ie. buying a convertible/porsche

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    θ–„ζ‰Άζž—
    Posts
    42,355
    Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    What age is midlife crisis now? People live to 90-100 today, so midlife is 45-50?
    As soon as you have enough 'fuck you money' to buy a sports car.

  3. #23

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    911
    Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    As soon as you have enough 'fuck you money' to buy a sports car.
    Lol but that can be at any age...
    Skyhook likes this.

  4. #24

    Hahaha well i'm single with no kids, so I guess a mini van is irrational! :-)





    Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    I thought midlife crisis was doing irrationale things lol

    ie. buying a convertible/porsche
    shri likes this.

  5. #25

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    911
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiojiri Hiro:
    Hahaha well i'm single with no kids, so I guess a mini van is irrational! :-)
    You win. That is definitely the most irrational way to spend your money.

    On the side of mid life crisis purchases: I sold my motorcycle to a 60 year old man who has not rode a motorcycle in 30 years lol. I was scared he will kill himself.
    shri and Shiojiri Hiro like this.

  6. #26

    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    7,478
    Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    Miata was already a stretch when I was a kid. So s2k was not even a consideration haha. I definitely prefer an s2k.
    @Coolboy having 2 cars in HK is the same as burning money. I had a motorcycle and car before. I had to get rid of the bike because it was just sitting there rusting up. It was a nuissance to upkeep haha. Like I said, my life stage needs practicality and reliability :P

    I think when I hit the mid life crisis, I can get an s2k lol
    Then get a Mazda 6. Something tells me you want it.

  7. #27

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ex Sai Kunger Sunny Qld for now
    Posts
    8,121
    Quote Originally Posted by D.YU:
    You win. That is definitely the most irrational way to spend your money.

    On the side of mid life crisis purchases: I sold my motorcycle to a 60 year old man who has not rode a motorcycle in 30 years lol. I was scared he will kill himself.
    My dad still rides his Ducati 900 Super Sport with a handful of mates who own various sport bikes when the weather is good. He's 75... they've all had motorcycles since they were in their 20's.
    Coolboy and D.YU like this.

Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3