Like Tree13Likes

Any legal way to tune car engines?

Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
  1. #31

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    911
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    Coilovers...depends. My wife also uses the car, not sure if she appreciate the stiffer ride. Exhausts...probably no, I don't want to be an anti-social neighbour disturbing other residents, now do I ?
    Just a deeper note. Nothing annoyingly loud lol
    Coolboy likes this.

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    897

    if you do coilovers then you might as well upgrade other suspension parts such as adjustable endlinks and sways bars.

    installing a muffler should be fine.
    you are not going with a full exhaust dps setup

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    Coilovers...depends. My wife also uses the car, not sure if she appreciate the stiffer ride. Exhausts...probably no, I don't want to be an anti-social neighbour disturbing other residents, now do I ?

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    7,478
    Quote Originally Posted by rs4:
    if you do coilovers then you might as well upgrade other suspension parts such as adjustable endlinks and sways bars.

    installing a muffler should be fine.
    you are not going with a full exhaust dps setup
    My wife doesn't seem too keen on suspension changes, and as usual, she is the boss.

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    897

    better to just leave the car as is then.
    no point to tune cars here unless you got the money to throw out the window


    Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    My wife doesn't seem too keen on suspension changes, and as usual, she is the boss.
    Coolboy likes this.

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    7,478
    Quote Originally Posted by rs4:
    better to just leave the car as is then.
    no point to tune cars here unless you got the money to throw out the window
    Well minor cosmetic changes to the car is fine with me.

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    928
    https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/f...arison.670647/

    I didn't read all of this but it does confirm that physical differences between a 320 and 328 engine are limited. I really don't think there's much to lose as I'm sure the tuning maps are based on a stock 328 anyway.

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    897

    what he is trying to say: just trade in for a 328i

    Quote Originally Posted by Peaky:
    https://www.bimmerfest.com/threads/f...arison.670647/

    I didn't read all of this but it does confirm that physical differences between a 320 and 328 engine are limited. I really don't think there's much to lose as I'm sure the tuning maps are based on a stock 328 anyway.
    Skyhook likes this.

Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4