Like Tree2Likes

Shipping car from hk to Canada

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Shipping car from hk to Canada

Anyone have any experience with shipping a car from hk to Canada? I see many sites for hk to UK.

Do regular crate shipping companies allow shipping cars?

You can't import a car that wasn't originally manufactured for the North American market into Canada. There are some exceptions for cars older than 15 years or buses, but generally, it's not possible. Probably also not worth it with current shipping rates.

Canada also being LHD (left hand drive)!

I am I'm looking to ship a classic car back to Canada. I know the 15 year rule.

But I'm looking at actual physical shipping and cost.

chuckster007 likes this.

You can ask relocation companies like SantaFe or Relo Smart etc. A 20ft container to the West Coast is roughly 10k USD at the moment, so I'd guess shipping a car would be at least double that including pickup, handling and delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    You can ask relocation companies like SantaFe or Relo Smart etc. A 20ft container to the West Coast is roughly 10k USD at the moment, so I'd guess shipping a car would be at least double that including pickup, handling and delivery.
    Wtf... 10k usd for a regular container....

That’s sound cheap actually as I think that’s the rate pre-covid.

Shipping rates are off the charts right now. I hope the car classic or not is worth it insurance will be pretty high too I imagine.

shri likes this.

Not sure what you mean by crate shipping .... I've never heard of a car being shipped that way. What you're looking for are international auto transporters, of which there should be at least a few in the area. If you don't have any luck, look up a company called a1 auto transport - they're US based but ship internationally to most countries as far as I know.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast